[size 1]Bait, chovy, dinos, lizzards(lizzies hard to get here) smelt

Layout? Only when I drink too much and the wife won't let me in house
[/size]

[size 1]Booyaa!... late, left on the dock [sly]

Romero... no show, fell asleep in truck looking for Booya [Wink][/size]

[size 1]Jan, Smarta$$ [crazy][/size]
[signature]
Jan from Humboldt.

Damn every time I see your name, I regress back to my younger dayz. Hell I dont remember them, rumour is, I had a good time.

What size treble would you run?

Im hearing as low as 8 lb. clear.

Better to get bit and lose it than not get bit.

Where are you fishing up your way?

You like the Izor huh? Lot of memory...

Happy New Year Jan!
[signature]
[size 1]What size treble would you run? [/size]

[size 1]>>6/8 depends on bait size and if it's real weedy I change to a pair of singles

Im hearing as low as 8 lb. clear. [/size]

[size 1]>>some tuber dudes go as low as 4# but I find that 12 works for me as now and then up here a King Salmon will grab you and at least you have a chance with 12

Better to get bit and lose it than not get bit. [/size]

[size 1]>Amen!

Where are you fishing up your way? [/size]

[size 1]>Humboldt Bay

You like the Izor huh? Lot of memory...> Andy 12# is good[/size]

[size 1]>>only good memories. lol

Happy New Year Jan!
Booyaa[/size]

[size 1]>Back Atcha Smile[/size]
[signature]
Rod? A custom made rod from JANDVCUSTOMRODS.COM. The "HALIBUT SPECIAL" which is 7'6" for 12lb. test and with a PARABOLIC BEND.

Reel? Anything smoooooooth! I like the Shimano Calcutta's. I use the Shimano Calcutta CTE 100GT loaded with 10 pound test MAXIMA Ultragreen, the Shimano Calcutta CT 400 with 12 pound MAXIMA Ultagreen.

Hook? Anything sharp!! I used to use Gamakatsu and Owners all the time but some guy convinced me that there are hooks out there that will do the job just as good if you keep your hooks sharp. I'll take his word for it since he has caught almost 100 Halibuts a year for the last two years. I've tried the hook he uses and it really does work just as good! The good thing about it is the thin Shank which goes into the Smelts nose easy.The hooks???? You can buy a pack of 20 for only 99 cents and it is "RENEGADE" BLACK OCTOPUS HOOKS SIZE 2 trap hooked to a size A2 wire leader with a size 4 Eagle Claw treble hook. You can get them at Walmart!

Line? MAXIMA ULTRAGREEN Live baits use 10-20 pound test, plastics use 6-8 pound test.

Sinker? Sticky Weights or Stealth anywhere from 1/4OZ. to 1OZ. Depends on your bait size

Layout? From a tube... using two rods with two rod holders and live Smelts. Troll the rod that is away from the shore and use the other rod to cast just at the waters edge and bring it in slow. Keep doing this until you get bit and work that area GOOD.

Kiyo
www.baytubers.com
[signature]
Thanks you guys, this is one of those posts that has to be printed and saved. Huge information. Yeah Jan Kiyo has taken me under his donut to school me on Float Tubing.

I damn near have all the gear, I think I just need a net and I will be dialed.

How often you run across the phatty Salmon up North?

Kiyo, who's wrapping your stix?
[signature]
By the way Jan and Kiyo send over a photo when you get a chance.

[url "mailto:miker@booyaaclothing.com"]miker@booyaaclothing.com[/url]
[signature]
[Smile]Hi Jan![Smile]
Thanks for the kind words buddy![Smile] The weather may still be bad over there but look at us. Great weather and NO Halibuts!!?? We are like on a little dry spell in Long Beach. It should start to pick up in February sometime!![Tongue]

Jan, I know your going to be slaying them big Halibuts soon!!

Kiyo
www.baytubers.com
[signature]
Hey Rome,

Joe Smith from WWW.JANDVCUSTOMRODS.COM. He does excellent work and for great prices!! He also repairs reels at Accurate.

Kiyo
www.baytubers.com
[signature]
Things probably won't settle down untill the end of March weather wise and the bay won't be fishable till then or even as late as April.

We get too much freshwater run off into it and the salinity changes and it keeps the bait out so no bait=no fish.

I'm still planning to start eariler this year and concentrate down near the mouth of the bay to see if there are any early fish there.

Gettin darn tired of sitting around here watching the rain gage fill up.[unsure]

I did order out a 196-7 blank and all the goodies to wrap a new stick so I'll have something to keep me out of trouble for a while.

Jan
[signature]
He probably knows my bro George over at Accurate. I was going to actually recommend Dan rivas, The Godfather, Al or Manteechi over at Dan's Custom Rods in La Puente. The Crew is the Rat Bastards. Schweet Raps and killer pricing. There is a photo on my home page at [url "http://www.booyaaclothing.com"]www.booyaaclothing.com[/url] Does John do package deals with a reel?
[signature]
Jan, There has got to be something to swing on up there besides the neighbors lol.
[signature]
Rome,

I don't think he does the package deals?? I know he gets some good deals on Shimano Calcuttas every now and then.

Kiyo
www.baytubers.com
[signature]