Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
increasing our numbers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I wanted to see what all of the SC natives thought about this idea. As we speak i'm taking steps to increase the traffic on this particular board for South Carolina. I'm hoping to get enough state based users to have cook outs and seminars in the future. Maybe even a sponsored tournament, either fresh or saltwater, for BFT members. I'd like to get some input as to what type of tournament would be favored, finding a central meeting location for siminars, and any other information that would be benificial. Don't be shy with comments, the more information I have from the masses, the better I can help organize in the future. How quick things happen is really based on how many individuals are availible in the area, so any help passing the word on about Bigfishtackle.com would be much appreciated.

Bryan
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Hey, you get the party started and I'll be right over, from Utah.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I'll bring along some of my spicy smoked catfish...and maybe some fresh salsa, for anyone who needs to relight the pilot light in their heartburn.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
If you bring the spicey catfish and salsa(blackend catfish I presume?), i'll make sure there are plenty of frosty beverages around to put out the fire. So all we need now are people to join us ehhhh?
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Here's a pic of my most recent batch of spicy smoked kitty fish. Thin slice it, with some cheese, crackers and "frosty beverages" and you got a good thing goin'.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Mind you, I also turn out some pretty fair "blackened" fish dishes. Spent some time in the New Orleans area and learned how to play with those spices down there.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]You start beatin' the bushes in your parts and round up some candidates. Lemme know if ya need some help. I can hold 'em while you work 'em over. Y'know?[/#0000ff]
[signature]
That was grilled wasn't it? [cool] That looks pretty darn good. And catfish you say? I tell you what, I know some good catfish holes right around here. When you're in the area, let me know. I'll take you fishing, you show me how to make spicey catfish. [cool]
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]You could probably see the "grill marks" on the fish. Actually, it was smoked. I smoke a lot of catfish. It really comes out great. I am attaching a link to a post I put up on the Utah board a while back on how I do them.[/#0000ff]
[url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?post=205567;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;;page=unread#unread"][#000000][size 1]SMOKED CATFISH [/size][/#000000][/url]

[#0000ff]Are you anywhere near Santee Cooper? I have always wanted to sample some of the great fishing I have heard about there.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
What time will the party start??? I was thinking about bringing my smoker out there. I just have to pick him up from Utah.[cool]
[signature]
[cool] I think the "smoker" has already volunteered. Well, so far that's three, three's a party. The boat is full of gas and I foresee the water getting about right in the next 2 weeks. But, i've been saying the next 2 weeks for a month now. I guess i've just got high hopes. [Tongue] Everytime it looks like it's going to stay warm, a cold front comes in from Cali. LOL [cool]

On a serious note fellas, I can fish 5 or 6 six head pretty comfy on my center console, so when ever yall get settled in good, and decide to make that hike, i'll help you get set up over this way and we'll tackle the big blue a few times, cook up some food, etc..

I know last time I had some friends down, we got us one of those fancy state park camp sites that has water and electricity. It was like 15 bucks a night. We played some five card draw, cooked and put a few back by night; and caught fish by day. Kinda like grown up boy scouts. [cool]
[signature]
Sounds good partner!!! What area is it in?
[signature]
Marion? I live pretty close to there, in Florence. You must be refering to Wateree maybe?
[signature]
My parents live right up the way in Nichols. There are a few rivers right close to there, Little Pee Dee being one of them. I know there are some big fish in there, i've caught them. I haven't fished that side of that river in a long time though, I usually put in at Galavants ferry now.

You ever fish that side of the pee dee much? Know any good spots?

Also, don't forget to sign up and log on. Free email, searches and all that stuff. It's free bro! Plus, you can enter the little contests I have, no cost, and win some free stuff. But you have to be a registered user to qualify for the contest and the prizes.

Thanks for your inputs partner![cool]
[signature]