Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cumberland River in Tennessee
Fly Fishing for Brown & Rainbow Trout has been excellent and I am sure the regular hardware is doing just fine, but I have only fly fished lately. Most of the big Brown and Rainbow have come while Streamer Fishing with very large flies. If you want to catch a Trophy Trout, while Streamer Fishing , you have to cast and cast and then cast some more. Your only going to get a few hits a day if you use those big flies that produce Trophy Trout.

Most of the trout we have caught have come while fishing emergers and midges under a topwater fly such as a Stimulator. The best two flies have just been a hook with either brown thread or a cream thread wrapped around the hook and nothing else. As we move into March, you will start to see some other flies start to hatch. Cross your fingers that we have as good a year as we had last year.

Striper Fishing is slow, but will pick up as we get into spring. I'm catching a few down in Old Hickory Lake and the extremely large fish will start to show in Old Hickory soon. Our live bait film is showing on The Outdoor Channel, The Mens Channel, and Fox Sports Channels. This coming week my film with In-Fisherman TV will air showing many good Stripers caught on artificials. As with the Trout, I hope we have half as good a year on Striper as we did last year.

Action on the Cumberland River [Image: Fred.jpg]
Fred Has an Armful...
[Image: footballplayer.jpg]
6' 3" 300 Pound Football Player..
and the fish still looks big.. WOW! [center]
www.trophyguideservice.com
Fred Mc Clintock
[/center]
[signature]