Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pineview Trout?
As I sit here thinking about where I want to fish this up coming weekend, Pineview entered my head and immediatly following was the thought, all those annoying perch. Then I realized I have never caught a trout out of Piney. Perch, musky and a couple Smallies, but never a trout. Are they existent?? Are they in abundance?? What kind of trout are in Piney? I love catching trout through the ice and Pineview is about the closest to me. Strawberry is a little far, so is bear, Causey, I have been skunked the last few times up there as with East Canyon, but its unsafe ice is the big hold back. So tell me, anyone have any secrets for Pineview Trout?
[signature]
I got a thirteen inch rainbow on a suspending clown rapala two years ago by the pump houses while musky fishing. Its the only trout I have ever seen caught out of there. Years back there were trout in there, but now its pretty rare.
[signature]
About 15 years ago as a boy scout, we used to catch trout where the North Fork River flowed into Pineview, but that was the last time I have seen or heard of anyone catching any kind of trout out of Pineview.

Jacob
[signature]
I used to catch them all the time when they were still planting them. Quit a few years back, I remember reading an article in the Standard Exaggerater announcing that they were going to start managing it as a warm water fishery (AKA no more Trout). A few make it in from the rivers still.
[signature]

Every year I get a couple guys come in bragging on catcing a nice brown out of the lake,but if your going to go target them you will find it slim pickens on most of the lake,except the inlet channels.you can catch rainbows,cutts and browns. the problem is were you find them the water is moving, Ice conditions in those areas can be iffy but it might be just right for you Teroy,open water. watch out for mud can be thick and deep. Try spring creek in middle fork arm,I've caught trout on both north and south fork inlet and hit good numbers of them.
[signature]
[cool] Used to catch a few before the introduction of "Jaws". Although there were cutts and browns in the lake, most of what I caught...or saw caught...were "pizza-side" rainbows. Almost all the trout had ugly looking anchor worms hanging off their sides. The water warms enough during the summer that even though the trout can survive, they become stressed and more susceptible to parasites and fungus.

That's my observation. Anybody else caught any within recent times?
[signature]
I saw a 30" brown that came out of there last fall. I have caught a few much smaller than that in the fall as well by the inlets but think it is a fluke thing. If someone knows of large amounts of trout in there they would be fun to go after. There sure is a large food base in there. I just don't think there is enough trout to target the trout specifically.

tightline
[signature]