Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
World Record Big Head Carp
[center]Pending
See Picture of Another Fish caught 2 days later..[url "http://www.1fghp.com/worldrecords/WRbigheadcarp.html#6"]Click Here[/url] [center][Image: worldrecordcarp.jpg] [center]THIS FISH WAS CAUGHT MAY 7th AT THE SPILLWAY ON THE REELFOOT
SIDE. MY SON RONNIE (A TWRA Officer) CHECKED IT IN IT WEIGHED 73.8 Lbs.
THE WORLD RECORD WAS 63.4 IT WAS 56 INCHES LONG WITH 35 IN. GIRTH.
HIS NAME IS MICHAEL HICKS FROM WYNNBURG , TENN. WHICH IS HERE
IN LAKE COUNTY. HE CAUGHT IT ON ZEBCO 33 WITH TRILENE 17 LB TEST LINE. [/center] [center][Image: Tncarp.JPG] [center][/url]On May 13th I recieved the following photo from Wilson Lake just below Wheeler Dam.
The photo is from Bill Belew
----Bill's Trophy Fishing
----P.O. Box 1404 Killen, AL. 35645
--- [url "mailto:huntnfishn@earthlink.net"]huntnfishn@earthlink.net[/url]
The fish appears to be as large as the one above. Looks like the Bighead Carp Record
will not last long if these 2 fish are any indication.
[Image: whatsitg.JPG] [/center]
[signature]
[size 2]In my opinion, BRAVO for him for being heads up enough to keep a world record fish! With all the controversy right now about the new world record bass, it is nice to see someone remove all doubt![/size]
[signature]
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>

TheAngler BFT Moderator
yeah i know about that i have caught several different species of fish that would have been a record but didnt think to get all the info and find someone around here with the right scales to weigh them,now that i think about i still dont know anyone aroud here with the proper weighing scales.see i target big gar and bowfin when the river is out of its banks have caught several 6 and a half ft long and seen bigger helped a guy last year pull in a 85 pound shad of some type not sure.it was so full it didnt even fight just dead weight broke my landing net.i have to get a digital camera my 4 year old soaked my last one in pepsi .but i have to wait till i can afford it. and find a scale that will weigh record fish caught around here.
[signature]
ya know, my cousin told me that striper i caught a while back was a state record cause i brought that puppy in on 12lb test. never really think about that kinda stuff when i'm fishin, i just like being out there.

cyas
rc
yeah i get it to it to and when you do get one your to excited to think about anything else
[signature]