Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
berry fishing report
[cool] Got to the berry about 6:30am it was fogged in, but sun came up and burned it off. Best day I have fished at the berry this year. No WIND , lots of sunshine and shed the coats. The ice and snow is very thick. The power auger was all the way to the handles to hit the water. We found it was better not to clear the snow before drilling the hole, doing so would cause slushy conditions.
We went south of the marina in about 25-30 ft. (no transportion) fishing was slow. 11 fish for 2 of us. Green jig tipped with meal worm was the only thing the fish were biting and they bite very lightly.
It was a great day !
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Thanks for the report. Glad you were able to get out and enjoy our two days of spring this year. [/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Too bad the fish were not more active but sounds like you got enough to count it as a good day anyway.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Welcome to the board. Hope to see lots of good reports from you.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Hey ! I love to hook em to!!! It's to bad you left your son (StrawCrazy) down in the valley working. I'll probably visit the berry one more time, cause ya know I'm Crazzzzy for the Berrrrry!
Thanks for the report.[cool]
[signature]
Glad you could make it up. How were the temps up there? I'm hopin' the slush monster will lower his head one more time so I can burn the sleds across the pond.
[signature]
Just an FYI on temps. The valley temps are supposed to be around 55-60 through Saturday, so I'm guessing that will not help the slush situation at all. Though Strawberry is quite a bit cooler, it will still be well above freezing every day now. Bummer because I haven't gotten on the ice at all this year.
[signature]