Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rose Lake Cats
I just got word that the Catfish in Rose Lake are biting really well right off the boat launch docks. They are just using the normal catfish baits and dont be surprised if you also pick up a Pike or Bass while fishing for the cats.
I feel most of you who are on here are from Southern Idaho, but hopefully there is some of you from around here who read this. [cool]
[signature]
Keep posting and passing the word there in N. Idaho, the traffic will pick up I am sure. I did not know that there were cats in N. Idaho. In fact I do not know where a guy in S.E. Idaho can go to consistently catch cats? Does anyone out there know where I could find some kitties besides Mud Lake? I don't know if the cats died in the winter kill at Mud lake or not but I would like to know of other options.

Thanks ahead of time
Windriver
[signature]
Alexander Reservoir and McTucker Ponds are planted every year. Roberts was also planted last year. The Bear River and Oneida Reseroir also have a small population of catfish. If you are willing to drive a little to the west, Milner Reservoir has a few cats. It wouldn't surprise me if the odd catfish turned up in American Falls Reservoir or Lake Walcott.

Like you mentioned, Mud Lake has some catfish but as far as I know they are not very common. At the moment I can't think of any other reservoirs in Eastern Idaho that have catfish.

The F&G have planted several Eastern Idaho waters with catfish but the catfish never established themselves. Portnuef River, Snake River and Ririe are some of the places that come to mind.
[signature]