Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Friday Morning (Maiden Voyage) Utah Lake
[font "Franklin Gothic Medium"][red][size 3]Well friday morning is the day i put my toon in the water . So far i only have the toon no fish finder or trolling motor. i think i'll go to either lindon, provo boat harbor, or lincoln. Any thoughts from you guys as to where my best chance to catch my first walleye would help a lot. And does Lincoln have good places for shore fishing? The wife and kids want to go. also i picked up a Walleye grub kit from [#008000]Cabela"s [/#008000][#ff0000]I have pictures below. Just wanted to know if these little guys will work tipped with a minnow. If not what else should i take along with me. And since i have no trolling motor yet should i get an anchor. I would really like to meet some of you people if your out that way. I'll try to keep my kids from tearing the lake all up. any input will really help. And i thank you for it[/#ff0000][/size][/red][/font]
[signature]
congrats on the new toon. utah lake has been like a ghost town this spring. i have worked the bubble up and lincon beach for the past 5 weeks straight with no success at all. not even a bite. i ussually fish 2 poles and haven't seen my bobber down once. tubedude caught a few nice kitties just south of the lincon beach marina a few weeks ago. i think he is planning a trip out today, so check the boards for his post tonight, before you head out. good luck out there. maybe those jiggs you got will trigger some action. depending on dudes post, i might see you there. laters.
[signature]
this week will be the best time to get a walleye at UL. the time for walleye spawn should be in full swing, but the weather has been holding them off. with the weather getting warm and as soon as it stables for a bit the walleyes will make a mad dash and get the spawn over in a hurry. I've seen this patern before. those jigs will work just fine, some colors work better at differant times of the year. hope this helps, later chuck
[signature]
Theres plenty of spot for toons at lincoln.I just got mine yesterday and am anxious to get on the water.As for your family lincoln does have good spots for them right noe that the water is high.There is some good spots across from the boat ramp and a little pinic area with some beach for kids.
[signature]
hey ocean i heard threw the grape vine you just bought a boat. i want to see pictures[Wink]
[signature]
Havent had time to take pics lately but i will friday or saturday.I had to do some work on some things and plus i sold my house and i am looking for one before i have to be out on april 3!!![shocked] Its the kinda boat i have been looking for i just need to figure out how to fire up the trolling engine because i have never dealt with one before.The 115 hp fired right up and idled really good .It didnt smoke only when i started it.
[signature]
You sold your house to buy a boat!! I knew I liked you!![Tongue] Can't wait to get the toons on the water, let me know when you first take it out, or the boat. I'll be at LB saturday. I'm taking my apprentice Josh, I hope I can show him that I not only talk about fishing, that I also know how to catch 'em. As long as mother nature keeps that W word out of the picture.
[signature]
Dude i thought about going there saturday but the winds in the payson area are expected to be between 20-30 mph!I would never get on utah lake with that kinda wind its just suicide.Be careful out there if you take your boat.I already had a bad experience on my old boat 5 years ago.
[signature]
Maybe I'll have to think about whether I would like to survive UL or not. You won't catch me in wind like that. I learned my lesson at Willard last fall. Thank God Brigham has laundrymat, my clothes were soaked!
[signature]