Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yo Zuri Hybrid?????
I've heard good and bad things about Yo Zuri's Hybrid line. One major thing i've heard is that it has a very bad memory. I wanted to hear what everyone else thought about the line. I've been wanting to try it out, however don't want to waste the money. I like the small diameter and the elegid strength and frey resistance. What do you think guys?
[signature]
[Tongue][size 3][green][font "Poor Richard"]It seems like the line manufacturers are just like every one else. Build it/make it and they will come. It is like buying a electronic toy today and by tomorrow it will be out dated. To answer your question No I haven't tried the [/font][font "Poor Richard"]Yo Zuri's Hybrid line. I am not inclined to replace my line until it is necessary.[/font][/green][/size][size 1] [/size]
[signature]
I know what you mean, if it isn't broke, don't fix it. [cool] I guess you could say i'm always looking for an edge. I keep thinking to myself, "if I can find a line that's just as strong as my Berkely Big Game with a thinner diameter, I can target larger fish with my smaller reels." I like the thought of a flourocarbon type fishing line as well. An anglers dream would be to find a line with a 2lb mono diameter and a 30 lb breaking strength, that actually casted like mono. I hate braid and will never waste my money on it again. I'm addicted to the hunt for perfection in fishing equipment, finding the perfect set up for each special fishing situation. In my mind, I know perfection is an illusion for starters, but it's fun trying anyways. [cool] I love trying new products and passing on the results. However, I like to gather Intell before I do so, just to get an educated idea of what to expect and what type of application the equipment i'm using may work best on, I.E. jigging, bottom, high-speed trolling, drifting, Kite fishing, etc...; based on other anglers' previous experiance with the product.
[signature]
[cool][font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3]You have got that right. However, I am more inclined to think that the correct lure and how it is played is of greater importance than the line itself. I am always using the lightest line weight possible.[/size][/green][/font]
[signature]
[#000000][font "Arial"][size 5]Cajun Red Cast i use it and it works great and is invisible in 3 ft of water.[/size][/font]
[/#000000]
[signature]
I've used that Cajun Red Mono before, it's actually pretty good line. My wife landed a Flathead catfish well over 35 pounds with the 17 pound test. And there is no "finesse" about how she fishes, and the line held up well. However, it might just be a strange stack of events, but I noticed that my hit % was down using the red line. I know it's suppose to be invisible to fish after 3 feet, but i'm not so sure. First of all, what color and clarity of water are they saying it disappears in? I know I can see it just fine, And if I can see it, guess what else can see it. (atleast in my mind) I've always liked the Dark green that Berkely Big Game comes in. I also would like to get my hands on some of that Electric Blue Big game, for no other reason than it would be pretty to look at. [Wink] I was actually going to get some from one of our BFT members and never did. Maybe i'll have to look back into that very soon. I haven't been able to find it in any stores or anything. This is my rule of thumb, if you have to squint your eyes to see where the heck you threw your line, and you can't see the crap above water, i'd say it's going to be pretty invisible underwater too. [sly] I know that's not the case, but i'm just hoping the fish are as blind as I am.
[signature]
[cool][font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3]I don't know about all that stuff. I have been fishing for over 50 yrs and if you could see some of the rope we use to use, one would wonder how we ever caught fish. Hey the new stuff is just great but maybe its over played a bit.[/size][/green][/font]
[signature]
what weight line do you want? i will see if the easter bunny has some left for me to send you ..
[signature]
I know exactly what you're saying, [cool] my dad argues the same thing. And it's undenyably true. However, you don't think that it's possible for the fish to have "evolved" over the years? I use the word "evolved" loosely, what I mean is, you don't think the fish have caught on a bit, and have become more difficult to trick?

One could also say that the anglers of today have gotten so spoiled from the new advanced equipment and electronics that they no longer have the need for instincts. Years ago that's all an angler had, his gut feeling. I rely heavily on my equipment......GPS, Sonar, Blending line color with water, matching my lures with the surrounding natural baits. And i've always gone with the best. But sometimes I think many anglers, most deffinately myself, forget one major thing. If the fish is hungry, they are going to eat; and the size and color of line shouldn't matter, and the way you hold your mouth or the color socks you're wearing shouldn't matter; but in my mind it does. I keep detailed fishing logs of each fishing adventure I set apon, right down to equipment, barrometric pressure, and anything else you can think of. I've actually noticed a variance in my success rate based solely on the weight class of tackle I was using. Now mind you, this is trolling for King Mackeral, which is a whole different ball game compared to other types of fish. There are many species of fish, like a barracuda for instance, that you can troll a set of shiney under pants behind a boat with neon yellow winch cable and they will strike at it. Alot of the fish I troll for are fineky, and have an excellent sense of vision and perception. I'm all about a natural presentation, to me, that's the key to catching tricky fish. I feel if you can present the perfect feeding senario to a fish, rather he's hungry or not, feeding becomes an "impulse action." And that impulse action is exactly what my equipment needs to support.
[signature]
Dude!!!!!!!!!! That would be an awesome deal!!! I'm looking for anything on or inbetween 20-30 pound test.
[signature]
[font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3]While fish may inherit some traits they do not have the capacity to think. They act by instinct. And that is a need to survive. I believe that they have a built in system that warns them of certain dangers. Like a shadow of a bird will spook the fish. If they were able to retain certain information, then a fish would never hit a lure more than once. Obiviously they cannot differentiate between the flesh of a prey and the metal/plastic etc of a lure. I just wonder what a red devil represents to them? [/size][/green][/font]
[font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3]Send me any wt line between 2 & 10 lbs. But not COD. lol[/size][/green][/font]
[signature]
will do send it as soon as i can.
[signature]