Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strange Creatures in our Midst
Hi there guys*,

Seeing flygoddesses' creatures I realize I don't understand why those very real-looking bugs grace the fly tying tables of so many tiers at the fishing shows.

They look really cool and give you an idea that indeed the tyer knows bugs and their anatomy yet still .... Aside from drawing in people to look at the creation who would not otherwise give the fly tyers table/booth/space a second look, Why?

Understand ... I'm not being critical or trying to bug anyone just wondering why are they done by so many?

PS: Guys in Californian includes guys, gals, and alternative genders.

thanks,

JapanRon
[signature]
[font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3]I have seldom seen tyers creating creatures at trade shows that would freak out most house wives. I like to watch them tie just about anything as I don't have the patience to do so myself.[/size][/green][/font]
[signature]
I do it just to see if I can,then I learn new techniques that I apply to other patterns. I may never fish a butterfly but it feels like a piece of art when I am done.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]For the most part, everything that HFT said. But basically, sometimes I get bored and think what if I tried this....[Wink][/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]Hey, welcome back DryRod. Man these last few days I'v had to censor, boot, deleat a buch of posts (and they were all mine hehehehe)[/size][/font]
[signature]
Here's a thought to illistrate the importance of creativity in fly tying. Have you ever noticed that the greatest detail of most flys is found in the top of the fly (wings, parachutes, legs, etc.) that is seen by the creator but at least with dry flys the fish only sees the underside of the fly.
[signature]
[cool][font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3]You all might have to start tying flys under water to get the fishes' prospective of what the fly looks like to them. This I have got to see. lol[/size][/green][/font]
[signature]
[cool][font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3]Thanks FGD. Got on line a few times on my laptop. However, working wireless on someone elses connection causes a few problems like getting bounced when you lest expect it. Looks like the board has been real busy during my absence. Maybe folks are trying to tell me something.[/size][/green][/font] [Tongue]
[signature]