Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Berry/ 3-24
Well, hit the Berry with an old friend today. Drove over to mosquito bay to see if it was possible. Walked down the hill with no problem. Then we hit the ice. Usually it is the other way around. We followed snowmobile tracks but only made it to about 17 feet. Both of us did really well in the morning till about 11am, and then it died. We tried to walk to deeper water, but the slush monster kept us at bay. We tried another about 40 yards away and only got about 5 feet deeper. With a foot of water under the snow, it wasn't worth it to try and go deeper. We had a few more before we left and then made the hike back. Used pearl whatta crickets with meal worm or minnow. Meal worm seamed to do a little better. Missed quite a few too. It was a really nice day and not one person in site. We almost did not have enough length on the auger to get through the slush and ice. I wore my breathable waders and it was worth it. If you are going to go in regular boots, better find a hard packed path or you will get wet. Had a great time though. All cuts, all slots. Can't wait till ice off.

fish2xtc (formerly tuber)
[signature]
Thanks a bunch for the report! I've been debating one more trip, but it sound like the slush might be around until the ice is gone...oh well.
[signature]