Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gettin' it together!!!!!!!!!!
The water has but about 6 or 7 more degrees to go and the bite should be on. I thought the water would have been warm enough by now, but mother nature has decided to take her time this year. I know some of you don't have an "off season" and some of us are out of commision longer than others. I know Davetclown and I have conversated before about all the preperation that is done to get ready for the next season. I'm curious to hear what everyone else does to get ready for the up comming fishing season, and what kind of helpful tips you might have to pass on. [cool]
[signature]
One of the great things about FL is that there is no off-season, there's always something to catch! When snnok season is closed, there's trout, redfish, shark, grouper, etc., etc., etc.! The hard part is taking the time to maintain the gear between fishing trips!
[signature]
We have about a 4 month period of off season. You can actually still get sheepshead and a couple of other species of fish offshore around the reefs, but it's so cold that it's almost unbearable. There is no other cold on earth than the cold rolling off the ocean in winter.
[signature]
Now you know what months you need to come out and spend in Cali.[cool]
[signature]
No kidding, i'll be keeping that in mind come around November/December time frame.[cool]
[signature]
We have 6 month Closed season for fresh water...4 month for salt water.
[signature]
That sucks!!!!!!!!!! What do you do with all your spare time? I think that should be a whole seperate board:

"What to do with your time in the off season"

It would get alot of attention this time of year.[cool]
[signature]
The off time or off season is when you actually see more activity on the boards.

It's raining like the dickens in SoCal right now. That's why I am on right now during work hours.

I will be headed off to one of my Bass Lakes in a little while though.
No tube, no boat just bankin and crankin.[cool]
[signature]
Man, what are you talkin' about?!!!! There is nothing more relaxing than tossing a rapala along the bank of a golf course pond. There's no depth finder to watch, no lines to manage, no current to fight............Just peice, quiet, and light tackle mania! I take my little boy over to cast around the local ponds pretty often. It's great because it requires no prep work or planning. You just grab a couple of your favorite lures, a rod, and head out. Fish for an hour or two and head to the house. That's the best fishing of all.[cool]
[signature]
By the way, did you catch any thing?
[signature]
We fished for 3 straight hours in the rain. Straight flylining of our Yamamotos. We managed to piss off 26 small LMB.(4 to 6lb range). Since LMB are toys, we carefully put our toys back after playing with them.

We both go soaked from head to toe but had a real good time. I have to work by another lake tomorrow morning. tisk tisk.
[signature]
We don't have a down time here in CT. Lakes are still open unless they stock them for trout. It's just a matter of how much clothes you want to wear. Cod fishing in Jan. anyone?
[signature]
Plotting already eh? [cool]
[signature]
No need to plot this lake. It is a private lake in a private community. We have a pass to fish there and there is lots of electric boats parked there for structure.

I like to try new stuff on that lake since those fish don't know many of the things that are out there. Very low pressure.[cool]
[signature]