Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tippy Dam Coffer Report 3-26-06
1 FOR 2 , In 6 hours , not great but I fared better than most of the guys there . I have placed my set-up at the bottom of the post to aid those who tried everything but couldn't get a hit .
I arrived a little late around 9 A.M. but on my first cast had a huge buck slam my bag . He was all over the coffer untill I did something stupid , tightened the drag , ugh ! I estimated him at about 18 LBS. when he grabbed some sky and shook everything back at me .
It was about 3 p.m. until my next hit came , a fresh hen . The fight wasen't the longest I've known but this was my first time beaching some crome instead of grabbing for the net ( something I learned during last seasons king run .), what a thrill ! I highly recommend trying this just for the thrill of it .
[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=14962;]
Something I noticed is that the fish only started hitting when the sun broke threw the clouds , I guess with all the stained water it was the only time they could see the spawn sacks .
From the shape of the eggs I removed at home I'm guessing that by next weekend we should see some awesome fishing for sure ! I'm hoping the fresh spawn will do better than last falls supplies from the king run .
I'll be back there today , If your in the neighborhood stop by and give me a hello , I'll be wearing a blue skullcap with a B.F.T. patch on the front of it .

SET-UP USED , BOTTOM BOUNCING ,SHIMANO SEDONA REEL , JIM GRANT CUSTOM STEELHEAD ROD, YO-ZURI 6 LB. MAIN LINE , YO-ZURI 8 LB. LEADER LINE (24") , # 8 MUSTAD CIRCLE HOOK AND A 3/8 PENCIL LEAD 2" FROM THE BOTTOM . SPAWN BAGS IN RED AND YELLOW PRODUCED 0 HITS , PINK NETTING WITHOUT FLOATS PRODUCED SEVERAL BUMPS AND 2 FISH ON .
[signature]
nice lookin specimen.

so who is the shutter bug today?

I heard that south of where you were was hot hot hot this past weekend too.
[signature]
The camera man was one of two guys that stood back and watched the battle . They couldn't belive that I brought the fish in without a net .
Sunday there were more fishermen there than Saturday . The sky was clowdless and that pretty much shut the fishing down , I didn't see anything as far as one being cought or fought all the way down the river to the D.N.R. launch .
I will be going again this weekend .
[signature]
LOL ! and I'm getting better at being ugly too [Tongue] !
Hmmm, GO ARMY ! , now there's a clue , Are you sitting at home with some ice and a six pack [crazy]?
[signature]
I think the fish looks better , you didn't see it tring to catch me did you ? , LOL ![Wink]
[signature]