Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bear Lake 1/20/03
[Smile]45 cisco and one small cutt was all we could find Monday at bear Lake. Oh yea, I almost forgot! 55 minutes of "Where the $#%@# are we?" I cannot believe the fog bank on the south end of the lake. When we launched at 6:30 it was pretty clear at the marina and things were looking pretty good. That changed in a huury. May I suggest a compass or GPS for anyone who travels to the rockpile in the fog. Got the chance to meet Wiperhunter and got an invatation to hit Willard this summer. Stayed on the water until 4:30 snagging cisco and headed for home. Not a bad day after all. Sure beats going to work on a Monday!!!! Whats up with all the boats running their bilge pumps the whole time they are fishing? Are these guys that desperate for cisco or just plain stupid?[crazy][crazy] Three boats on the rockpile doing this was enough to catch my eye.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]Did anybody make it over to the Cisco Disco at Cisco Beach? No word as to the fish coming into the shallows for a little dipnetting fun I guess....We'll just have to wait a little longer. Next weekend could be the heaviest time of run if we're lucky.[/size][/font]
[signature]
Were the bilge pumps continuously pumping water? If they were, their boats are even in worse shape than mine ('cause my bilge pump will turn on every couple of hours for a few minutes).
[signature]
[Smile]they were running with a very large stream of water all the time. never made it to the east side but alot of boats came from over there when the fog lifted.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]Are you sure they weren't running livewells?[/size][/font]
[signature]
[Smile]I'm pretty sure they were bilge pumps. You would have to see the condition of this boat. You can't possibly push that much water through a livewell drain.
[signature]