Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Green River?
I am from Rexburg Idaho and am going fising with my uncle at the green this coming Saturday. I have never fished the Green and want to make it a memorable and worthwhile trip. Can anybody give me some good info as to where to go what to use etc... I will l be using a fly rod. I have heard about the green forever and I am so excited that I finally get to go. I will nymph and dry, so flies of both types would be appreciated. I would love maps specific directions, anything I can get my hands on. Once again I really want to make this trip worth the drive so any info is really appreciated. I heard somewhere that the green river has Stoneflies, is this true? What species are they? Thanks
[signature]
there are some stones on the upper green but no stones on the green below Flaming gorge. which part would you like to know about?
[signature]
Don't forget BWO's in all the life form stages.
[signature]
The lower part below Flaming Gorge. I think I will be fishing from Little hole up.
[signature]
Little Hole is very heavely fished,walk up a mile or down a mile. As fly goddess says B.W.O.'s are the most prevelant bug in that part of the river and they tend to be very small...18 and under. Big buggers with rubber legs. 18-20 zebra midges in a variety of colors,my favorite is copper black. 18 soft hackle sow,18-20 brassie,20 BH pheasant tail,20 bh hairs ear. Brooks sprout 18-20,20 parachute adams,20-22 Griffeth gnat.
Have a good time there. The area is beautiful.
[signature]
Heard from a very reliable source, Shammie Worms (tan)
[signature]
I am also going to the green on the 23-25 of this month with my brother from California. Does anyone know if there are any camp grounds or parking lots open this time of year between the dam and little hole. I checked and it looks as if serveral of them don't open until May.
[signature]
Any suggestions on where to try around the Green River City area?
[signature]
Dripping Springs Campground has been open in years past.
It is on the road going to Little Hole. A great place to camp if you are fishing the river.
[signature]
IS IT OFF THE SIDE OF THE ROAD BETWEEN THE DAM AND LITTLE HOLE THAT WAS BURNED IN THE FIRE A FEW YEARS BACK?
[signature]
Yes it is. It has been rebuilt and looks good. There are sites that can be reserved and also open sites.
[signature]
Thank you.
[signature]
I camped at Dripping Springs just over a week ago. It was only 5$ a night for a regular site then (it might have changed since). It is centrally located between Trout Creek Flies near the dam and Little Hole. DON'T BRING FIREWOOD!!! There is enough firewood around Dripping Springs from the big fire to last a hundred years. Just bring an axe, hatchet, or saw.

I think you asked about flies on the gen. board? Bring your BWO and Midge Dries and nymphs. Tungsten bead zebras down to 24 (black, olive, camel), olive and black wd40's, scuds (my provo river #16 flashback sows did fine). I used to hate fishing midge dries, but the Green turned me around. Try some mating midge patterns or para adams as small as you can find them. Fun stuff.
[signature]