Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pineview w/ 3yr old report
I took my little boy up ice-fishing on Pineview last Friday and we had a great day. We didn't get on the ice until about 10:00 or so and we weren't getting too many bites for the first few hours. When the fishing was slow we played around on the ice and had a lot of fun. We set up a tent shelter and my boy loved playing in it, my chocolate lab did as well. Since the fishing was slow we started messing around with different lures. Once we switched to real small lures with wax worms we started getting bites every time we dropped it down. We finished the day with just over 50 perch caught. He reeled in most of them. My boy had fun letting some of them go as well as taking home plenty for a good ol' perch-fry. We didn't get off the ice until about 3:00 and it was getting pretty soft out there. When we got back to the edge I went across the board first to check everything out and ended up breaking through and getting soaked. I reset the board so it was proped up on some rocks and then took my boy across.

When I put him to bed tonight he was still talking about fishing on Friday, gave me a big hug and told me thanks again for taking him fishing.
[signature]
That sounds like a great time. It is so much fun to see the excitement on a kids face when they have a day like that. Keep up the good work.
[signature]