Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
with the crappie spawn comeing whats your favorite way or bait for fishing them?
mine is drift fishng with a couple of spit tail or curly tail in black and chartruse,or black on white,and single bladed jig heads ,i have found they will cause a strike when a painted or plain one does do the trick, also minnows with a jig head bouced a ft of bottom works great .or roostertails around the shallows in yellow or white or blue,also fox tails work great on clear days but for larger crappie i use a small deep or shallow rebel plug or afloating or shallow running grass hopper plug when they win is blowing a little around the banks any color one works good i use a stop and slow reteive so they stay on top and twitch them every 3 to 5 seconds to get a voilent hit. when in the lillies i use two differnt type of lures. a small single or willow blade strike kings spinner but any small or micro bladed spinner used for bass of blue or blue and yellow for bigger crappie.try tipping with minnow if the strikes are short or slow.even spinning jigs with curly tails works great when trollingaround banks or deep water look for underlaying structure and they will be there.if you can find small crawdads the little ones make excellet crappie bait when nothing else works.
[signature]
i plan on possibly hitting old hickory lake this weekend for some crappie action. I am new to targetting specifically crappie so i gotta put my time in and learn, learn, learn.

On the other hand, it's gonna be hard to not go after the stripers this weekend...they're such a blast!

cyas
rc