Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jordanelle 3/27
JedBurton and i hit Lake X yesterday, Rock Cliff arm. Man the weather was beautiful! Fishing was a little slow, but we did manage to hook a limit of slimers, Jed caught a real pretty brown, and we iced around 40 perch. Though not numerous, the perch were the biggest of the year for us, most of them were over 11". After icing several smaller perchies over a couple hours and around 20 holes, I ventured over to the north buoy. I drilled a hole about 8' from the buoy and saw some activity on the vexilar. Then I had three drops and three fish, all small ones. Jed came over, drilled a few holes and we started catching the big ones. The depth was 42'. There is quite a bit of brush, but we only lost one jig. Ice was awesome, no slush, 12" thick. The edge is lousy at the bottom of the launch, but fine to the right of it. I took my 4 wheeler out with no worries. Although the ice was good, 4 or 5 days of warm weather and a stiff wind and it will be off. It was 55 deg. when we left at 3:30. We used all the standard baits but the ones that worked best were on the smaller side, tipped with waxies. Minnows worked too.

Slayer
[signature]
Thanks for posting your report, they sure have been few and far between lately. I think everyone is in the between mood with not a lot of folks are wanting to take the chance and go out on the ice. Sounds like you guys had a nice day though, with a lot of fish caught. How big was the brown? WH2
[signature]
it was 18 inches. Not too big, but definitely pretty. The day was awsome and well worth the raccoon eyes I have now because I forgot sunscreen,
jed
[signature]
Sounds like a pretty good trip to me! Did any of the perch have those little parasites?
[signature]