Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Hard Water"
Well, the "hard water" around here has been killing me! However, we did manage to get on the water at a local lake (Clark County, KS) Sunday, 1-19-03. Took the Aquaview and checked out structure and even did manage to see a few fish. It is a great time to use the Aquaview though. The water is so cold and with no boat traffic, it is very clear. Water temp. was only 32.2 degrees. Of course, I couldn't help it and had to take a couple rods along. Threw a 1/4oz. Rattle Trap a while and also tried to "slow-roll" a 5/16 oz spinnerbait a little but no takers! It did also though give me a chance to try out that new Spiderwire Stealth fishing line. Man, that stuff really casts nice! Can't hardly wait to see how it does with a fish on and how well it holds up when dragging it across logs and stuff. Anyway, that's about it from lovely SW Kansas. Guess I better go get the "honey do's" done so I'll be ready to kick some bass when it warms up! [cool]
[signature]
HawgCaller,
WELCOME TO THE GREAT AND GROWING BFT MESSAGE BOARDS!
That hard water does not have to hold you back. You just have to adapt to it with other geer. The main item is an auger. You can see how many anglers are making the change to the hard water by checking out the Ice fishing and recapies board here at BFT. Also check out the Dinner on Ice posts over on the Utah board.
Again WELCOME ABOARD!
[signature]