Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
KVD DQ’d
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]Kevin Van Dam was disqualified from the Citgo Bassmaster Elite Series tournament on Santee Cooper for a new rule for this years tournaments that states [/size][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3] [/size][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]“Non boaters are only allowed to drive the boat in emergency situations in both practice and competition with the exception of loading and unloading from trailers.”[/size][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]This happened during pre fishing- Kevin spent a portion of the day standing on the front deck of the boat while co- angler Jim Stawiarski his partner for the day drove the boat at idle speed allowing Kevin to look for bedding fish. [/size][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]Kevin was not aware of the rule till the tournament director called him on his cell phone and told him another angler had called to say he saw Kevin violating this rule and that he and his co angler had to be disqualified.[/size][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]The rule was changed because some anglers have to practice with out a co angler and this gives the angler with a co angler to drive the boat an advantage.[/size][/font]
[signature]
Seems like a silly rule to me, if your partner can't make it to the pre fish, isn't it really up to the team to be there (if they want)?

I'm I missing something?
[signature]
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>

TheAngler BFT Moderator
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]Well these are “Pro/Am” tournaments so each angler is on their own and during pre fishing you can only fish with other anglers that are in the tournament or by yourself. Add to this you don’t know who you’re going to be fishing with till the night before the tournament.

Now some pros will take a co angler with them pre fishing just to be nice or to have some one to talk to or for safety reasons but not all co anglers are there for pre fishing so some times even these pros go out alone.

But I think this is a good rule because I’ve seen some of these guys right up on the nose of the boat or even standing on the pedestal seat trying to see bedding fish and I look at it as a safety issue rather then and advantage issue. Now when you’re looking for bedding fish odds are you’re in shallow water and around structure – stumps, logs, rocks and junk so the chance of hitting something causing you to fall in is increased dramatically.

Prior to the original rule that said you had to have some one at the controls, I watched one angler put the boat in gear (Idle speed) and walk to the front and do this with no one at the controls. When I asked him if he thought this was unsafe he replied “I have a kill cord attached to me so I’m legal” the kill cord was about 10 feet long and would allow him to fall in and get run over by the big motor before the cord would reach its full length.

It’s a shame we have to have rules like this in the first place just to save people from themselves.
[/size][/font]
[signature]
Makes good sence.

I never have done much tournament fishing so on the surface it seemed kind of silly but I here ya! Makes sence.
[signature]
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>

TheAngler BFT Moderator
Seems like Alton Jones has now been DQ'd for the same thing
[signature]
sounds like they need to reword the rule. to something simple enough that every one can understand.

"no chofers alowed for any reason"

question, will these guys guest busted for having thier guest aiding in netting the fish as well?

I would hope so...

congradulations on your new title Roy. glad to see you on board.
[signature]