Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Went to Flaming Gorge and had a great time
Got to the lake at about 10:00 am on Thursday morning and the lake was like glass. After checking Antelope Flats and most of Linwood without seeing any fish I was getting very worried and then, there they where, at the back of Linwood I found a little stack of fish. At 11:30 we dropped the first jigs and it was FISH-ON for about three hours. The Mac's where small, 3 to 7 lbs but we caught 22 between three of us and then they where gone. Spent the rest of the day looking for fish without much luck.
The next day we went to Buckboard to try it but I had not been there before so map in hand we checked all the spots the map people had marked and found one small group of fish. so after 2 hours of looking we dropped on that bunch and caught one fish about 6 lbs and then another hour without a fish and we loaded the pontoon boat and went back to Linwood and naturally we when back to the honey hole and not a fish to be had so we headed toward the river to try for some bow's but it was iced over a couple of blocks out from the inlet so we went to the east shore and flipped jigs to the ice and caught 11 rainbows in three hours. THAT'S IT
Saturday morning the boat died. I guess the Merc didn't like idling for hours on end (something to do with the timing, I think) so we cut the trip short and came home.
I didn't get a chance to try the rabbit fur jigs but maybe in May.
The best part of the trip was when another boat got within 50 feet of us at the honey hole and never caught one fish in an hour and in that time we had two triples and landed five out of six
[signature]
thats a great report! its good to hear a good gorge report- its been too long! those little macs are a ton of fun, and so are the bows. good work and great report! sorry to hear about your motor, though.
[signature]
hey richard. soulds like you had a great time.
to bad the motor's didn't want to play anymore.
glad you caught some mac's and bow's
where are the pictures.
later
[signature]
[font "Arial Black"][red][size 3] I guess that I am going to have to get myself a map of the Gorge and start making some of these spots . Where can a guy get a good map of the Gorge?[/size][/red][/font]
[font "Arial Black"][#ff0000][size 3][/size][/#ff0000][/font]
[font "Arial Black"][#ff0000][size 3]AFDan52[/size][/#ff0000][/font]
[signature]
Fish N Map makes a good map of The Gorge. You can purchase one at many of the boating and fishing stores.
[signature]
My wife had the camera and I just knew my friend, Gordan or my dad would have one but NO! So I keep a 35mm on the boat and was able to get some pictures with that but now I'm not sure how to get them digital. I guess I could use the digital camera and take a picture of the snap shot. I'll let you know
[signature]
Great report. As for the photos, most photo shops should be able to digitize them for you and put them on a CD. Thanks for the report!
[signature]