Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone know if there are Northern Pike in Woodruff Narrows?
[black][size 1]Does anyone know if there are Northern Pike in Woodruff Narrows near Evanston Wyoming?[/size][/black]
[signature]
No northerns in Woodruff Narrows. The WY Game and Fish stocked tiger muskie in there in the early 1990's. We sampled one out of Bear Lake, thank God it was sterile. It probably would not have done well in there anyway. Just goes to show that fish can move a long distance and that illegal introductions are a biological nightmare! Although WY stocking of tigers was not illegal, it was ill advised and they stopped stocking without consulting other states downstream first.
[signature]
I have asked a few people about thefish population in this lake (since I live next to it). The response I get is: "Due to the recent drought, there are not many fish and it does not get stocked". I never see fisherman when I drive by it.

I agree with BearLakeFishGuy, I am glad the fish was sterile. I hear of ranchers catching them (Muskie) in the river on occasion.
[signature]
There used to be Tiger Muskies in there, but like the others have said the drought may have killed them. Tigers are generally sterile so if they didn't restock I don't know if there would be any left. I've fished it a few times in the past and the parasites on the fish I caught were horrible, so I never went back. If it fills up this year I will drop the boat in and see if I can graph any. I drive by the Narrows everyday.
[signature]
Thanks a lot for your help guys, I appreciate it. LBD
[signature]