Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sulpher Spings Derby
Just wondering if any of you guys are fishihg the derby the 8th and 9th? You know JMIG, Bean and the IFG will be. Normally I don't use the gift of being an IFG for profit but. Hey, I'm building a house and need the money. Do you know what vinal fence costs?
[cool], my partners and myself have fished the derby each of the last 3 years. You what , we only caught 6 frickin' fish in 3 years. Last year, the wind was so bad on day 2 we went home around noon. We had 2 tents, 2 huge propane heaters, and a camp chef stove. We still were miserable. Too bad we can't have derbies at the berry.

tomegun
[signature]

IFG
Cory is heading up there too, watch for his ugly mug.
[signature]
just to expand on this thread for anyone that would be interested in fishing the derby. it is as sulphur creek. didnt want anyone Confused on the name.
[signature]
Have any info on it or a website?
[signature]
ask pred he gave me the details a while back just wanted to correct the name just in case anyone else wanted to go [cool]
[signature]
[size 3]I have always gone up to the Evanston IGA downtown to sign up. The people are very nice. You have to leave you snowmoblies/atv at home, but the Lions club will have plenty of people zipping fishermen around anywhere they want to go. Lets see what my sign sheet has to say for this year. They senior, female, youth , and regular guys catagories, plus hourly prizes. 1 25 k, 1 15k, 5 2k, and 8 thousand dollar fish will be tagged.[/size]

[size 3][/size]

[size 3][url "mailto:icefishingderby@evanstonlions"]icefishingderby@evanstonlions[/url] club.com[/size]

[size 3]phones numbers-307-444-5466 or 307- 444-1009 or 307-789-5844 [/size]
[signature]
Man , there has been alot of posts here ! I found this 12 pages back .www.evanstonlionsclub.com This is the web site for the ice derby . Or you can go back 12 pages or maybe it was 13 ? tight lines
[signature]
Dave T Clown had this posted on the Wyoming BFT message board.

[size 7]9th Annual
[Image: ice%20fishing%20hdr.gif][/size]
[size 1]
[/size][black][size 6]February 8th & 9th, 2003[/size][/black][size 1] [/size] [center]You are invited to come and participate in our Annual Ice-Fishing Derby.
[size 6][#ff6600]$76,900[/#ff6600] in potential prize money
[/size]We encourage you to try to catch Old Al, worth [font "arial bold"][#d20000]$25,000[/#d20000][/font]
and Slippery Bill, worth [font "arial bold"][#ff6600]$15,000[/#ff6600][/font]
along with 5 additional tagged fish worth [font "arial bold"][#ff3333]$2,000[/#ff3333][/font] each
and 8 additional tagged fish worth[font "arial bold"][#ff3333]$1,000[/#ff3333][/font] each
Tagged fish total ....... [size 6]$58,000[/size] [/center]
[left][/left]

Category Fish Longest Fish of the Derby (2) days [#ff3333]$1,000[/#ff3333] Longest Game Fish each day [#ff3333]$500[/#ff3333] Longest Game Fish by Fisherwoman each day [#ff3333]$250[/#ff3333] Longest Game Fish by Fisheryouth (female under 13 yrs.) each day [#ff3333]$250[/#ff3333] Longest Game Fish by Fisheryouth (male under 13 yrs.) each day [#ff3333]$250[/#ff3333] Longest Game Fish by Senior Citizen (62 yrs. & over) each day [#ff3333]$250[/#ff3333] Category Fish Total ....... [size 5]$4,000[/size][size 5]

[/size]Hourly Fish (1) First Place per hour [#ff3333]$200[/#ff3333] (2) Second Place per hour [#ff3333]$100[/#ff3333] (3) Third Place per hour [#ff3333]$50[/#ff3333] Total Hourly Fish for (2) days, 7 hours each day ....... [size 5]$4,900[/size][size 5]

[/size][size 6]2003 Derby Total $66,900[/size] This total does not include previous tagged fish from past derbys
worth $200 each if caught during the 2003 derby [size 5]50 previously tagged fish not yet caught!!![/size] Previous Uncaught Derby Fish Potential Total ....... [size 5]$10,000[/size][size 5]
[/size] [center][font "Comic Sans MS,Tekton,Blueprint,Dom Casual,Dom Casual BT,cursive"]The Derby is at [/font][url "http://www.evanstonlionsclub.com/map_derby.gif"][font "Comic Sans MS,Tekton,Blueprint,Dom Casual,Dom Casual BT,cursive"][#0000ff]Sulphur Creek Reservoir[/#0000ff][/font][/url][font "Comic Sans MS,Tekton,Blueprint,Dom Casual,Dom Casual BT,cursive"] only 15 miles from Evanston.[/font] [/center] [center][font "Comic Sans MS,Tekton,Blueprint,Dom Casual,Dom Casual BT,cursive"]Plenty of [/font][url "http://www.etownchamber.com/Businesses/Lodging/lodging.html"][font "Comic Sans MS,Tekton,Blueprint,Dom Casual,Dom Casual BT,cursive"][#0000ff]accommodations[/#0000ff][/font][/url][font "Comic Sans MS,Tekton,Blueprint,Dom Casual,Dom Casual BT,cursive"] are available in Evanston.[/font][/center] [center][font "Comic Sans MS"][size 5]Hurry and sign up !!![/size][/font][/center] [center][font "Comic Sans MS"][size 4]Registration will be limited to 1450 people from the general public.[/size][/font][/center] [center][url "http://www.evanstonlionsclub.com/"][font "Lucida Sans"][size 5]To register for the 2003 Evanston Lions Club Ice Fishing Derby[/size][/font]:[/url][/center]
[signature]
Sorry for screwing up the name, I am an Ice Fishing God, that doesn't require a lot of brains (or typing/spelling skills). The few brains I was born with froze off years ago. This will be my first time fishing the Derby and it sounds like a blast. I have heard that there arn't many fish in the res and it doesn't take a large one to win some money. That is why I'm taking JMIG with me, since when it comes to catching small fish there are few better. If they had a prize for most hours fished and getting skunked he'd win that too. Dan, Bean and FACKINDAVE are also on the team. I don't know if we will win any money unless of course they have a prize for most beers drank and cheddar chesse chilli onion garlic jalopeno bratwurst consumed on the ice. Can I say beer on the Utah board? P.S. never eat these type of Brats and attempt to kiss you're wife! It cost me my first one and half my stuff. I sure do miss that 19' Searay.

IFG