Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Float trip
I am planning on buying a single person pontoon this spring, and floating some of the alaska rivers. I live in Wasilla, and I am new to the area.... so I am asking for some good float trips. I will try any trip for any fish. If anyone has any favorites with some details, I would love to hear them.
[signature]
Park your toon on the up side of a big rock, stick your right foot out past the edge of the rock and when a swimming fish comes past the rock they will trip, have your net in your hand to you can catch them on the way down.

You did say you would try any fish trip. Happy April Fools day [sly]

I would be woried about hooking in to one of them kings and getting hauled back out to the ocean. those things are real bruits. and I hear they get up to forty pounds up there...

What part of the season are you planning on going up?
[signature]
Thanks for the tip, or the trip. I actually live in Alaska now. I moved up here this past summer. And those kings get bigger than 40 pounds, I caught a 51 pounder this past year. I doubt I'll try hooking up a king while on the toon, but it might be a great way to make some good time on the water. I am more interested in getting away from the crowds by floating down stream and then fishing from shore. But I'll try your tip and see how it works!
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]You should be able to handle big salmon from your toon. I used to flyrod salmon up to almost 50 pounds in the lower (tidewater) pools of northern California rivers, from my float tube. I once hooked up to a monster that spooled me. A couple of guys downstream that saw the fish go by, on the way back to the ocean, said it was well over 60.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Good luck.[/#0000ff]
[signature]