Largest Lake Trout!!
[center] Weight: 24.5, Length: 40 Inches

caught by: STANLEY ROSS

of KALISPELL on 3/26/06.
Congratulations!!!

[/center]
[center][Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=15144;][/center]
[signature]
No worries it was my bad, I am a computer nerd and I should have used photoshop to edit the pic. Thanks for the heads up though.
[signature]
I found a copy of the text in my email.

that is one impressive trout. cant say I ever saw one that big.

I would have to down a soda or two after that one... LOL
[signature]
Thats not even the record!! that just the largest for the tournement so far. I will see if I can dig up a link to the record fish..

Frank
[signature]
Here is the stuff

[Image: recordlaker.jpg]

[font "arial"][size 5][font "arial"][size 2]Seventy-seven-year-old Ruth Barber, of Somers, caught the Montana state record lake trout on a Flatfish after a 25-minute fight while fishing with her neighbor on June 23, 2004. The big Flathead Lake mack was 42 pounds, 11.8 ounces, 42.5 inches long and had a girth of 31 inches.[/size][/font][/size][/font]
[signature]
[center]One good trout diserves another.[/center] [center] [/center] [center][Image: reclaker.gif][/url] [/center]
[#414114]16 year old Lucas Lanczy of L'Ance Michigan with his prize catch.[/#414114]

[Image: 8-18nz11.gif]
[#414114]Lake trout weighted 61 lbs 8 ounces, shattering the old record by more then 8 lbs[/#414114]

[font "palatino, Arial, Helvetica"][black][size 3][red]A[/red] fifty-one year old , Michigan, Lake Superior Lake Trout record was broken on Sunday August 17, by 16-year-old Lucas Lanczy of L'ance, Michigan. [/size][/black][/font]
[font "palatino, Arial, Helvetica"][black][size 3]
Lucas was fishing with Charter Captain Duncan Price , Fisher Price Charter Service of Chassell, Michigan, when he caught the 61 lb-8 oz. monster, shattering the 1946 record held by Angler Ned Watson.

Lucas was on an eight hour fishing outing with his family. They had already boated over 20 fish with three other Lake Trout over 30 lbs. "We were just getting ready to pull lines when the fish hit," said Captain Price.

"It's a good thing Lucas works out regularly. He can press 300 lbs." Captain Price added. "The laker was in excellent shape and Lucas did everything right during the 25 minute battle."

The fish was caught while jigging with 12 lb test and spinning gear. With a girth of 36" (six inches bigger then Lucas's waist), measuring 48" long , and 61 lbs 8 oz the catch may be a new world record for 12lb line class.

Michigan DNR took scale samples to determine the exact age.[/size][/black][/font]
[/url]
[font "palatino, Arial, Helvetica"][black][size 3]
Captain Price was fishing Stannard Rock area of Lake Superior,located 40 nautical miles north of Marquette and 26 miles southeast of the Keweenaw Peninsula in Michigan's Upper Peninsula, Stannard Rock is one of Lake Superior's most remote fishing reefs.

This natural fishing reef is an underwater mountain range of approximately 1x5 miles of pinnacles that almost reach to the surface from depths of nearly 600 feet.

The reef is loaded with native Mackinaw Lake Trout that often exceed 30 pounds.

"This is a very dangerous fishing area, said Price, "sometimes we venture 6-8 foot waves to get out, I would not recommend anyone navigate to this area without a professional guide."

[i]Captain Price can be reached at 902-523-0044
[/size][/black][/font]
[/i]
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Definitely a decent fish, by any standards. Of course, our state record (Utah) is about 10 pounds bigger.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Can you imagine hooking up with one of those big mamas from a float tube? There was a float tube club that went to Great Slave Lake, in the Northwest Territories, and they caught lots of lakers over 30 pounds from their tubes...in fairly shallow water.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
I can only emagine the boat ride from hooking one on a tube.

I have landed only one 30 pound atlantic in my life and that was a work out in it self. I was using 14 pound test line from shore

I would emagine that landing them with light tackle from a tube would be a lot eaiser. I would also expect that the landing time rate would be about a pound per minute from a tube?
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]As far as I know, there are no formulas of poundage per minute. Too many variables. Some fish fight harder than others...even of the same species. Also it depends a lot on the tackle and the fisherman. A good fisherman can whup a good sized fish on lighter tackle faster than a rookie can land the same size fish on heavier gear.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I have landed stripers over 40 pounds, on 8 and 10 pound line, in less than 15 minutes. I have also fought big summer flatheads for an hour on 20 pound line[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]They're all fun.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
[font "Arial Black"][red][size 3] Those are all very nice trophy's, and congratulations to all . Great job.[/size][/red][/font]
[font "Arial Black"][#ff0000][size 3][/size][/#ff0000][/font]
[font "Arial Black"][#ff0000][size 3]AFDan52[/size][/#ff0000][/font]
[signature]