Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nettin' Cisco 1-22-2003
Couldn't spend much time at the Bear this morning, but I netted about a half a limit in an hour at Cisco Beach. The water was wavy. Because of the waves, they weren't coming in very close and it was hard to see them. I've been told by several sources that Monday and Tuesday morning the water was calm and they came in thick clear to the waters edge on Cisco Beach. Several in each dip and a limit in a half-hour or an hour. They should keep coming into Cisco Beach clear through this coming weekend. Anybody hear if they've been coming into the dikes at the State Park Marina? I stopped by there before I headed to work and there were plenty of foot paths in the snow on the dikes.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]Sounds great, dude! We're going out Friday morning. Definitely would like to know if the state park marina is seeing any action.[/size][/font]
[signature]
Sounds like the water calmed down after I left. I talked to several folks that said that they've been coming in later too. Apparently you really don't have to be there before dawn so far this year.

The DWR recording said folks were getting "some" Cisco with dip nets at the State Park Marina. Sounds weak. They've also been jigging them off the Rock Pile, State Park Marina, Cisco Beach, and also off the Pump House. At the latter three you won't have much luck snagging them. You'll probably have to get them to bite.

This morning they were really shy. You couldn't put your net in the water, wait for them to come in front of it, and then scoop under them and up like normal. They wouldn't come anywhere near a submerged net! You had to swat the net at them from above to get any. To do that, you had to be in fairly shallow water just off the shore. Can you imagine trying to swat net Cisco that are three or more feet down. They're gone by the time the net gets through the water to them. That's why you had to be shallow.
[signature]