Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BWAB ...
Has anyone tried the "Bobber With A Brain" ? I have seen it advertised on BFT, and I was wondering how it performed. I was thinking of giving it a go. What the heck, it's only a few bucks and that has never stopped me before from finding out if something does or does not work. But, if anyone has tried it, give me a quick review here.

Thanx in advance.
[signature]
What in god's name is that? [laugh]
[signature]
LMAO ! That was my reaction too when I saw the advertisement for the first time - I think your's were my exact words as well.

It was advertised here on BFT for a while.

Here's the web site for it:

[url "http://www.bobberwithabrain.com/bt/vision.htm"]Click here for the Link to Bobber With A Brain[/url]
[signature]
checking on this as we speak will update when i receive more info.going staight to the source to get some if i can for us to test.
[signature]
From what I can see, the BWAB looks like a bunch of BS. [sly] But I could be wrong. I'd bet its success strongly is determind by how rough the water you're fishing in is, and of course what you're fishing for. That would probably be a good set up for catching winter bream when they are in the deep holes. Other than that, what else would you use it for?
[signature]
Cool, Let me know. I'll be glad to be a crash test dummy for it.
[signature]
Bream would be a definite. But I also have used floats for every other fresh water species as well.

Even though it is not my go to method for many kinds of fish, I still use floats quite often, and for many species. I don't know how many floats(or varieties of floats) I have in my collection, but it is a substantial number - I doubt I would ever be inclined to sit down and attempt to count them all.

I agree that it could very well be mostly BS, and made to catch more fishermen than fish, but, the concept is one I have employed before with other floats that I rigged with a little different approach. So the idea looks like it could work. Whether is really does or not, is what I want to find out. I've always liked to experiment with new fishing stuff, and new techniques, and to explore/fish new bodies of water.
[signature]
[Sad][font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3]At a mere $25 for three bobbers its a steal. Yup stealing my money.[/size][/green][/font]
[signature]
[size 6]3 for $25 ?[/size]

I must have missed that detail in there somewhere.

I only need one to try out. I thought the website said that the brain was like a ball bearing - you know a round hunk of metal.

For that kind of money, it ought to have a brain like a computer and have games and financial software on it - maybe do my taxes too.
[signature]
well i have 6 on the way when they arrive will send out a few for testing pm me if you want to try it out . would like to try it on different species so as to get a good idea of flexability.
[signature]
[center][font "Poor Richard"][green]Here is a clip from their ad. Daymere must be loaded if he ordered 6! lol [/green][/font][/center] [center][/center]
[#000080]Get [/#000080][font "Comic Sans MS"][#ff0000][size 4]THREE[/size][/#ff0000][/font][font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3][font "Comic Sans MS"][#000080][size 4] "[/size][/#000080][/font][font "Comic Sans MS"][#008000][size 4]Complete READY TO FISH[/size][/#008000][/font][font "Comic Sans MS"][#000080][size 4]" [/size][/#000080][/font][font "Comic Sans MS"][#ff0000][size 4]BWAB Fishing Systems[/size][/#ff0000][/font][font "Comic Sans MS"][#000080][size 4] for the low price of [/size][/#000080][/font][font "Comic Sans MS"][#ff0000]$25.00![/#ff0000][/font][/size][/font]
[signature]
I sent you a PM.
[signature]
The way I read Daymere's post was that he is getting them for free from the manufacturer or distributor to test drive. At least I hope that is the case and that he does not have to pay those big bucks.

I was willing to pay a few dollars for one just to try it out - I like to do that experimenting kind of stuff, and I also like to fish with floats sometimes in certain circumstances. So, it seems almost like a natural thing for me to do to give them a try. The worse case scenario would be that I don't catch a fish on an outing or two - no real biggie there, that has happened on an occassion or two before - I'll still have a good time.
[signature]
not yet hucup, stagger, trip, and fall down,i do a lot of product testing ,and they said they would send some for me and some for your guys. but 6 is all they are sending .getting 6 sent to me for testing will try i am tring to get as many different species with them as possible for reveiw and use will pm you when they are here
[signature]