Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Finally, I broke the ice
[size 1]Well, I finally broke the ice. I took the boat over to the inlet this morning, and finally caught some fish. I guess the water is finally getting warm enough. It sure did take long enough. We went just outside the jetties, it was a little rough, but not too bad. I dropped a chum bag in the water and it wasn't long a school of Menhaden popped up all around the boat. It was great. We caught numerous sharks right along the rocks. The largest was about 5 foot long. We tried for drum and flounder, but not even a nibble the live mud minnows. My father in law caught a huge spiny dogfish. Seriously, it weighed 10.4 pounds. 1 pound away from a state record. I'm going to post the picture maybe tomorrow. I also caught one hell of a wind burn. Is it just me, or does wind burn hurt worse than a sun burn?[cool][/size]
[signature]
Hey Bro. Give this a try and see if it helps.......

[size 1]Here is something that you can post to answer that question. Be sure to practice it yourself and see how easy it it once you know what to do and become more familiar with the system.

1. Be aware of where the picture is on your computer before attempting to upload.

2. Make sure that your photo is edited to the correct size and format as established by the forum. 300x400 pixels and using the JPG format.

3. Once your new thread or post is open, go to the bottom of the post and click the "Browse" button to search for your picture. You will be promted to choose a file. Click "Open" and it will appear next to your browse button.

4. Push the "Upload attachement" button and wait for it to appear on the bottom line of your editor. Then click the "Inline" box.

5. On your BFT browser toolbar, there is an image icon to the right that looks like this [Image: image.gif]. Click it. Another mini popup will come up. Click on the inline button. You will then click on the name of the picture that you have just uploaded.

6. Click "Submit" and your picture will appear in your post.

7. Add any commentary or description of your picture and then click "Post Reply"

Your post will appear with the picture in it. [/size]
[size 1][/size]
[signature]
I think i've finally got it!! Check out this nasty Dogfish!!!! Hey TubeN2, notice the Abu Garcia 6500 in the back ground. When I feel really sporty, that's what I shark fish with. [sly]

[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=15185;]
[signature]
That looks alot like mine. Is that the 6501 by chance??? I use mine from everything from topwater with fast reaction to deep down and dirty hawg fishing.[cool]
[signature]
Actually, that's a modified version of the old red faced 6500. The "power handle" is probably throwing you off. THe first thing I do to my Abu's is take off the stock handle and put a power handle on it. I up graded the drag system on that one. The 6500's of new are now that dark blue I believe. They went from red, to silver, to blue. And now there is an orange one called the "bullet" that is suppose to be just nasty. I saw one the other day and thought it was just cool.[cool] Ofcourse, way back in the day they had green, silver again, red, dull orange, and I even thing they had a purple faced one with a lever drag if i'm not mistaken. I actually have an old green faced Abu from way back in the 70's. Still works like a charm.
[signature]
That's kewl bro. I have the silver one. LH model. I really like it and haven't had an ounce of trouble with proper maintenance.[cool]
[signature]