Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WALLEYE IN JORDANELLE!!!!!?????
[crazy] is this true!! are there walleye in the "nelle" now? are they stocked or just runnin up from Deer Creek? is it truly going to be HOTTT in 5 years or so for eyes? I am a eye chaser faithful to Deer Creek, well thats just closest to my house, and if nelle is gonna produce......man that could get real exciting!!! let me know what you all think....i just noticed now im bigger bait. shiner instead of worms....woohooo movin on up.

laters,
[signature]
I heard that people have illegally introduced walleye into jordanelle. The dwr from what I know is not behind this at all.
[signature]
Yes they are. and no they are not running up from deer creek that is impossible. they were illegally introduced just like the perch. suprisingly they are not doin as well as the perch sinc this was quite a few years ago around 5 that i heard of it. who knows what might happen.
[signature]
I was hoping for a Muskie plant to control the perch[Wink]
[signature]
[Smile][size 5], Walleye have been in Jordanelle since its beginning. The smallies tend to dominate up there. There is too much competition with the enormous Browns and "Brown" bass right now to the "eye" population for them to be targeted. So, head to Starvation. They now have a forage base that can grow 'em big. My opinion is that starvation's "eyes" will do better than Yuba's in the long run. The unita Resivours tend to have a Strawberry syndrome with zoo-plankton and other mirco scopic critters that helps with numbers and growth rates. I believe that perch population will thrive for a long time, so dem "eyes" and smallies will flourish. [/size]
[signature]
Hey tome,

Im curious where you finding the walleyes were there since its conception in jordanelle? I heard they were illegally transplanted about 5 years ago so i was just curious. thanks for the info.
[signature]
I was told that some club put the walleye in the river above before or during its fillng. I saw a 20 plus incher last fall under the boat docks. Too bad it was dead.
[signature]
MOre importantly too bad the club has not been identified and reprimanded for bucket biology. Do you know who they were?
[signature]
[unsure], nope before my time. as long as the smallies are ok, i'm happy[cool]
[signature]