Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CISCO AT NIGHT
Anyone ever seen Cisco in the shallows at night. I have noticed from observation that Macs, Whitefish, Suckers, and Sculpin all spawn along shore at night. I have never tried for the Cisco at night but wonder if anyone else has gone out there to see if they are there. It looks like I will have one oportunity on Friday night to go out. If they are in I doubt you would have the same crowds as early in the morning. I will let you know what I see.

tightline
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]I've seen guys in the pre-dawn hours using floating submersible lights to attract cisco in with some success. Might be worth a try in the evening. Also will let you see the cisco better.[/size][/font]
[signature]
I just got home from over there and just before it got dark the cisco slowed way down. I got over there at 5 and there were quite a few schools in,scooped my limit in 45min. then casted from shore,useing spoons for 1/2 hour with no luck! There was about 8-10 other people on cisco beach!!M.H.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]Sounds like it was a little better then when RipNlips was there this morning. I'm sure they'll be shallow soon at the state park marina if they aren't there yet. We're headed up early Friday Morning. We'll probably hit Cisco Beach if no reports from the state park marina come in. We'll then fish for a while. We may launch right on Cisco Beach if we end up going over there. two years ago we caught fish off Cisco Beach jigging during the cisco run and did pretty good. [/size][/font]
[signature]
Just wondering if any of you have been over in the last few days. BLM I noticed you were planning on going out this morning. I am just wondering if I am going to see anything tonight?

tightline
[signature]
I went out Sat night and to let all of you that were wondering, it is not worth going out at night. I caught 3 in about 2 1/2 hours. Thats alot of time for three tiny fish. I am wondering if they are still in. I know from reading your reports that they were thick during the day. It looks like Wednesday morning I should be able to go over I will just have to leave by 8:00 a.m. Please let me know if anyone is still seeing anything.

tightline
[signature]
We were over there Sat & Sun and Sunday was much slower then sat we fished just south of the pay station at Cisco Beach,17 fish in 2 hours not much action from any one,so we headed up to the north end of Cisco Beach and in about 6 scoops we had all 3 of our limits and no other anglers to contend with besides a couple guys in a green Durango that locked there keys in and had to call a locksmith,then after they got it unlocked they had a heck of a time keeping there motor running on there 12 ft.flat bottom boat with wind blowing and waves coming over the front! It looks like they had a worse trip then BLM the other day because I didnt see them catch 1 fish!!I would think you should be able to catch them most of the week??MH.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]That east side can be a mother.... It's always rougher than the west side. At least we caught a few before we made like rats and abandon our trip and headed back to the marina. Man, a 12 ft flat bottom boat in waves would suck! Those waves make it hard to see the cisco so dip netting in them can be a real challenge. I'm surprised you didn't bend a net hitting it on the bottom by misjudging in the waves![/size][/font]
[signature]
I didn't bent my net handle, but I did manage to catch a few 2-3# rocks. The worst part about them 2 guys in that 12 ft. boat was they probably had to shell out 100$$ or so for the locksmith that came to save them and that was before they even got there boat in the water!!Later,M.H.
[signature]