Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Damn I was too late
[font "Poor Richard"][size 3][green]To celebrate their 150th anniversary, Orvis was offering a limited edition of a Anniversary Bamboo Fly Rod for only $4150. Darn I missed out on this special offer.[Tongue] How about you FGD did you get one? For that matter did anyone else?[/green][/size][/font] [center][font "Poor Richard"][#008000][size 3]Sure is a handsome looking rod.[/size][/#008000][/font][/center]
[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=15194;]
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][purple][size 3]I would have sold my first born male child, if I had one, for that rod. I do have an Orvis boo however and that made it even harder to pass on that deal. They were sold out in a heartbeat however.[/size][/purple][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][purple][size 3]Kinda like the Wheatley thing[Wink] The big question, if you bought it, would you use it?[/size][/purple][/font]
[signature]
[font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3]I have a hand made all wood putter made in Scotland. And no I have never taken it out on the course. Too pretty to get dinged. Although I would probably take that $4150 swatter out on the water for no one in my family would ever use it. It would be a waste just to leave it in it's case unused. However, I do have my Dad's bamboo hanging on the wall in my FR.[/size][/green][/font]
[signature]
[font "Baskerville Old Face"][#ff4040][size 3]$4150 [shocked] Wow, um......speechless! I would be glad I missed the "deal" too.[/size][/#ff4040][/font]
[signature]
Well I'm not too big on the bamboo thing but if I did buy I would use it

Trent
[signature]
We'll get out sometime Maddawg and I will let you give the boo a swing or two and then we will see how you feel, hahahaha[Wink]
[signature]
I need to get out. If i don't go flying this weekend I'll be on the river somewhere. Just don't know where whats fishing the best right now?

Trent
[signature]
I'm off this weekend, so we will be on the Middle.
[signature]
Once you use a bamboo rod you'll never forget it. I didn't know what I had when I was a young'en.
[signature]