Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lure of the week.
I have to give credit to the mighty crawdad from Yum. I fished this bait texas style and did well two weeks ago on staging bass in 45 degree water. Just throw that baby out and wait for a min., give it a flick and reel in your line some. You won't feel much this time of year, just some resistance. Reel in so your pole is at 9 o'clock and set the hook. This bait has worked for me on smallies at Candlewood during the summer. I will be trying it again sunday, maybe carolina style as well. I have used it weightless with success as well. A must bait for any bass fisherman.
[signature]
i agree,the yum crawdad has always produces for me,no matter how i hooked it up
[signature]
ya found my weekness, this is one critter I have yet to master, live or artificial.

I am not sure what it I am doing wrong, but I am leaning towards the "I might be holding my yum wrong" therie. [angelic]

ok, bad pun, but none the less true. I have yet to land a fish on a dad. I know lots of guys who do so I dont discredit them one bit. Now I have not problem catching craw's on hook and line. use a number 8 arberdeen hook and six pound test line over the end of a bridge in fast water just behind the rocks.
[signature]
Try 10lb Fireline with #2 straight shank hook. Maybe it's a Ct thing. I will try it in Vt in 6 weeks. Let you know how it works.
[signature]