Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another new member floatin' in!
Hello, just found this site, while doing a info search on the new tube I just bought. I ususally check the info first, but they had such a good deal on this one and it was the only one left! it was last years model fishcat they were trying to clear out. After looking at the info here, i am glad I bought it! I am going to try it this weekend, I know it will be better than the old doughnut hole I been floating in for the last 10 years! Good to see a forum for tubin' ! the other fishin forums I have been on hardly ever post on the subject!
[signature]
Hi MT Pilgrim,

Welcome ..... to your new home!

JapanRon
[signature]
[Smile] Thanks JapanRon!
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Let me add my welcome. I'm sure you will appreciate the world of difference between "donuts" and the more user-friendly style of the Fish Cat.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I thought I was the only one that got up so early in the morning. You going fishing too?[/#0000ff]
[signature]
hehe[laugh] Well, I was only up for a little bit, but yeah I am gonna try some fishin this afternoon, mornings are still too cold up here in Minnesocold, unless you are in an ice shanty![Wink]
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Hey, I have done some fishing up there. Of course everybody has done Mille Lacs. I also was quite surprised at how good the fishing in Minnetonka was for being so close to the big cities.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Minnesota...where they have 9 months of winter and three months of poor skating.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Yes we have awsome fishin up here! Don't care much for tonka though, lots of big fish, but also way too many motorboats!
I like to hit the smaller lakes that don't have a boat ramp. I fished a small lake near minneapolis today, not another person on the lake! just me the fish ,ducks ,geese ,and huge snappers all around![shocked]
The fishcat worked great, after a few minutes of getting use to the different feel. Caught lots of crappies, the biggest close to 15 inches! I need to get a camera so i can post pics! I really was wishing I had one today!
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Sounds like true love (a man and his tube).[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I fished Minnetonka quite a few years ago, in a co-worker's bass boat while there on business. He knew all the spots and we got a lot of fish, of several species. I had heard that the pressure had increased a bit.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Small ponds that are boat-free and banker resistant are the best for tubing. If you can get to the water and find a suitable place to launch, you can often have the next best thing to virgin fishing. At least the fish are not nearly as pressured. The esthetics are nicer too. Nothing like the roar of high powered motors,the smell of exhaust and getting swamped by bow wakes to put a damper on the joys of tubing. [/#0000ff]
[signature]
Hey Pilgrim, welcome to the board! I also own a Fish Cat 4 that I got last year and I LOVE it as well. I'm not a big guy, so I don't need the extra floatation of the Fat Cat or Super Fat Cat. It definitely beats the crap out of the old donut tube I used to have!!!
[signature]
[cool] Hiya Catman, Yeah im a smaller guy too so the fishcat is perfect sized for me! I passed down my donut to a fishin buddy who never tubed before. we went out today and he did really good! We hooked lots of crappies and sunfish and hooked my friend on tubin![cool]
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Don't know whether that was a good deed or a bad deed...getting a friend hooked on tubin'. You know that stuff can lead to addiction, and then the hard stuff. First thing you know, he will be stayin' out all night with his tube and come home reeking of fish. Next, he will be missing work and making excuses to family and friends why he can't be a part of social things.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Yeah, it may seem like simple fun now, but watch out for the long term problems.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]My name is TubeDude, and I am a tubaholic.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
I am a Tube a holic. But it's my Dads fault. haha

I used to watch him kickin around and having a good time in the water so I decided that I want to go TubeN2.

Welcome aboard MT Pilgrim.[cool]
[signature]
[laugh] Yeah I shoulda known better! I also got him into icefishing, and now he fishes more than I do! [Wink]
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Ain'tcha glad I was into fishin' and tubin'...and not ballet dancin'? Course, if that was the case you may never have been born.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Thank God for inventing donuts and Dads![cool]
[signature]