Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone try a small kayak paddle in their tube?
I get the picture of what you are trying to accomplish for the love of the sport.

I have tried a paddle in the past. I will sometimes carry one with me when I'm tubing the Salt just to help me when a tide change is too quick for my favor.

For the sake of propulsion with a bad hip, the paddle could be a benefit but would also limit the amount of extra goodies that you could possibly mount to your tube.

You will need to keep low profile accessories in order to have room to use the paddle. That could mean using the rod straps on the tube and having to assemble and dissassemble before changing over to a different set up for different fish.

I am glad to see that you have such a love for the sport that you would be looking for alternate methods of locomotion.

One other alternative could be going to a higher tube like the Fish Cat 4, ODC 420 or something along that line. They do sit higher out of the water and primarily use your legs from the knee on down. There is not any impact on the hips for those rigs.[img]../../images/gforum/cool.gif[/img]
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Re: [MT_Pilgrim] Anyone try a small kayak paddle in their tube? - by tubeN2 - 05-14-2007, 05:21 PM