Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
openning day 4-8-06
we went to deep pond in arcadia forest oppening day a flyfishing only pond,in years past we have always did great there,this year was a great dissapointment,i caught 4 trout largest being 12 inches,my buddy was skunked.we heard rumors that the state lost over 70,000 fish that were in the 2 + pound range, in the begginning of the year due to a power outage,and wouldnt have an effect on this years stocking,but it seems like it did.or since they closed one flyfishing pond down and only 2 left,they put more fish in the heavely fished areas?who knows,all i know is that everyone there wasn't doing well at all.its hard to believe that conn.might be a better place to fish than rhode island this year.well atleast i got out and tried my new flyline and was happy with that.just look forward to oppenning day in ct.
[signature]
I know the fealing, I have experienced several opening days when I didnt get a single hit. sitting there from midnight till noon, and what makes it werse is when the sun rises and you can see the fish sitting there stairing back at me like I am stupid or something.

To be honest, It is nice when I do land trout on opening day, but it realy isnt nessasary, I have a great time meeting anglers all along the three mile river that I fish on. We get in to our spots by five pm and sit there for seven hours waiting till the season opens, shooting the bull. Wouldnt miss it.

yes I do love fishing in secluded places, but once in a while I like fishing with other anglers.
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Hey Tom, fishing is better than wishing. Too bad the catching was off. I suspect that the fish loss had some kind of effect. You can't lose that many brood fish without making a dent somewhere.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]It has been a long time since I fished an "opening day" situation. Here in Utah they finally went to all year fishing many years ago. They never did have opening days in either California or Arizona, where I also spent several years of my angling life. Same with all the southern states I have fished over the years.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]When is the CT opener? Got your honey hole all lined up?[/#0000ff]
[signature]
that true about that.lol its is Sad though,because the reason why i fish in Rhode Island is they stocked big fish,it was common to land fish in the 2 pound range and bigger,just a big let down,looking for the big fight on the flyrod.conn.openning day is this sat.going to a nice hole on the natchauge river,which is classified as a trophy trout stream,looking at the numbers that conn.DEP put out it might be a good day
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Good luck. Wave that "magic wand" over the water and see if you can make some giant trout appear.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
thanks,i not very good with that "magic stuff" though,at least i am not sawing a pritty women in half[shocked] LOL
[signature]