Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Carp Flies
[size 3][#ff4040][font "Arial"]Anybody have any good carp patterns they would like to share? I was thinkin about trying for some carp out at Utah Lake. If that doesn't work, I'll have my bow with me also.[Wink][/font]
[/#ff4040][/size]
[signature]
[font "Poor Richard"][#008000][size 3]I have never fly fished for carp, but from what I understand they will take just about any kind of fly. Like bonefish, carp are eating whatever organisms they find on or scare up from the bottom. And like bonefish, when they take your fly expect a long hard run that may take you into your backing. Cabelas sell a carp fly kit which might give you some ideas. Just click on Shopping in the above tool bar then Cabelas. Some folks swear by a Mulberry Prince fly. Sometimes one will accidently hook into a carp and then they are hooked. lol[/size][/#008000][/font]
[signature]
If you sight fishing for carp, use a brown wolly bugger. and just let it sit right in front of them. Don't stirp it or anything
[signature]
Here is a link to a few Carp flies. What kinda carp are you after? [url "http://www.trashonthefly.com/suckerpunchtie.htm"]http://www.trashonthefly.com/suckerpunchtie.htm[/url]

I hope Its ok to post that link...not sure of all the posting rules
[signature]
Thanks for dropping in SC_flyguy. Those Utah boys do know their Carp. Lance Egan makes it look so easy.
[signature]
[left]look through the history of this blog and also the links he has

[/left] [center][font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3]Fishing forum link removed.[/size][/green][/font][/center]
[signature]
[font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3]Hi there Scruffy_Fly sorry but I had to delete that blog link as it did have a link within to another fishing forum.[/size][/green][/font]
[font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3]Links are okay just so long as it doesn't compete with the BFT.[/size][/green][/font]
[signature]
[font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3][cool]Well Scruffy-Fly since that in it's self is not a direct link it should be okay. Will know for sure if an Administrator stops by and edits the post.[/size][/green][/font]
[signature]
[font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3]Hi there Scruffy-Fly have just been advised that your post which includes wording that when Googled leads to a fishing forum should be deleted. If you wish to post pictures of his flies that is certainly permissible.[/size][/green][/font]
[signature]
[center][cool][font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3]As an example here is a picture of some of his flies.[/size][/green][/font]
[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=24617;][/center]
[signature]
yah all are more inconsistant than myself.

okay. I am dun trying to help the guy.

onward to something else.
[signature]