Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
American Flag wrap
Here's a pic of a tuna rod I built for my brother for a retirement gift,
he spent 40 years in the Navy. the weave design is the Navy Tangled Anchor emblem. later chuck
[signature]
Thta was incredable. I couldn't even think about how you did that. Great job.
[signature]
Thanks, the American Flag is really one of the easeier cross wraps to do, not alot of back and forth wraps going on. later chuck
[signature]
[font "Arial Black"][red][size 3] Chuck, my friend you really do some fantastic work on those rods. WTG. [/size][/red][/font]
[font "Arial Black"][#ff0000][size 3][/size][/#ff0000][/font]
[font "Arial Black"][#ff0000][size 3][/size][/#ff0000][/font]
[font "Arial Black"][#ff0000][size 3]AFDan52[/size][/#ff0000][/font]
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]I don't care what everybody says about you. You do good work.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Now let's see you wrap one with the Mexican flag...with the eagle and the snake. That might take some engineering.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Thanks Dan, it's something that keeps my mind on fishing when I can't be fishing, and plus it's a hobbie. later chuck
[signature]
Thanks Pat, you know that could really be done but it would have to be a multi layerd weave, and that would take some time and engineering to make the instructions. glad you like it. later chuck
[signature]
Well done![cool]

Fishslayer
[signature]
Thanks Fishslayer, this is the second flag wrap I've done and this one looks better. I think it's because of the size of the rod. the first was on a small freshwater jigging rod and this one is a big tuna rod.
later chuck
[signature]
Man that is amazing. Your making me think of trying some of this.
[signature]
Thanks, that would be cool to have another rod builder around here. their really not that difacult to do mostly time consumming.
there's a few books you can get that teach how to do them. the book I have is Costum Rod Building by dale clemens, it runs about 30 bucks. If I can help at all just drop a note. later chuck
[signature]
I will definitely check it out soon. I think there are 2 places here in Spokane that sell everything to do it. So i may be in a bit of luck. If not I am sure i can find everything.

Would be perfect for those "its too damn cold to fish" days, but I also have ample time when I get home from work so I may have found a new hobby.

Have you ever sold any of your custom rods?
[signature]
yea, I've sold a bunch of them, a few to bft members and a few friends and co-workers. I have to order most of my supplies from cabelas, jannsnet craft, or mud hole. if you learn how to do weave patterns, like letters and stuff, I have some nice letter patterns I can mail you if you 'd like. later chuck
[signature]
I'll get that book as soon as I can and see what i can get locally as to rod parts then i'll let ya knwo when I am ready for those patterns, I appreciate the offer.
[signature]
I sent out for a few catalogs from places like Cabelas and Mudhole.com. I will order that book within the next 2 weeks.
[signature]
Chuck,

Do you buy your blanks pre colored or do you have a process of painting/staining them?

I'm almost getting ready to get this started probably next week. the book has been ordered and my wife is making me a tabletop set similiar to yours.

I showed my wife pics of some of your fishing rods and now she is interested in learning. I never knew until seeing your pics that you could do so much with them.

I have a bunch of blank/accessories catalogs coming from Cabelas and a few other places.
[signature]
Hey Roger, no, I just use what colors they have to offer. I'll PM you some info that should help in making a rod wrapper. later chuck
[signature]
Great, thank you...
[signature]
Hey Chuck, been a while, have anything new in the works?
[signature]
Hey Roger, no nothing new yet, I'm going to be building 2 pistol grip rods with a spiral guide wrap here pretty soon. later chuck
[signature]