Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mexico fishing report
Ok! So what did I miss? Smelt runs, steelhead swarming in the rivers? I wish I could report that we boated 2-3 marlin, 4-5 sailfish, a boatload of Mai Mai but alas. We were skunked. We had 2 hook ups(marlin) the first day but after a few cranks we lost both. The second day brought plenty of sailfish, but only jetting through the waters behind us.
We did have 89 degree temps., plenty of cold cervasis, a 48 foot boat, and the opportunity to watch 20-25 sea turtles in their environment. I'm not complaining! The trip was fabulous, worth every penny. I'm heading back again next year I hope.
[signature]
no smelt yet !
steelhead fishing on the manistee is being hampered by migrating suckers .
Roosterfish , bassass and myself had sloppy joes and a couple brewskies at deercamp last friday . bassass gave us plenty of spots to check out for saturday but it was still a little early for the au sable river run .
sunday we frose so bad my reel just quit moving , drag was stuck , hard to crank the handle [unsure]. The defroster in the jeep warmed it up enough to get me back casting .
i did hook into a nice fish at the alcona dam but once again , the reel frose up .
the only fish cought , a 1-1/2 " rock bass [laugh] !

Mexico fishing trip , hmmmmm , yes sir , sounds like a winner of a trip to me !!!!!!!!!!
[signature]