Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Indiana PanFishing!!
[center][font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2][#ff0066]Hello Folks! [/#ff0066][#000033]We are a group of people ofall ages and backgrounds who have [/#000033][/size][/font][font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2][#000033]come together to chase the BlueGills, RedEars, and other members of the sunfish family in our great state! We share Hot Spots, fish tales, photo's, recipes and much, much more! We make friendships online and sometimes on a fishing trip.This group can offer you much.[/#000033]So now you know a little bit about who we are. Have we got you interested? Grab your favorite drink, put your feet up and read on. Look around this ole fishing hole to see what people just like you are saying and doing. Then, [#ff0000]JOIN THE FUN![/#ff0000][/size][/font][/center] [center][url "http://groups.msn.com/IndianaPanFishing/_whatsnew.msnw"]http://groups.msn.com/IndianaPanFishing/_whatsnew.msnw[/url][/center] [center][#0000ff]Till I see you on or near the water...........PanFishDave[/#0000ff][/center]
hey dave nice to see you stop by , hows the fishing going over there , that cold blast come thru your neck of the woods ? i'm heading out this weekend for some serious fishing this weekend and plan on getting that chance at that ice auger , are you in too? i re did my teardrops with some special paint one of the guys here was talking about and lent a couple to my buddy , . he said the crappies were slamming them while his store bought ones just sat there . . hope you do as well . lonehunter
[signature]
Hey Alan- Tell me about the special paint!..................Dave
[signature]
hey dave sorry it took so long to get back , i got sidetracked . i belive it's under the hot tips and products , or on the utah page if i can remember . it's well worth the investment , last a lot longer than the last stuff i tried . it's a powder additive , i bought the sampler set .

how are you doing on the ice fishing derby ?
[signature]
it is on the california board

here is a link to that string on that board.

[url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?post=24531;search_string=glow;#24531"][size 1]Glow Powder Website [/size][/url]
[signature]
Thank you folks! Got it & placing a order today.

Due to Diabetic Neuropathy in the feet, I do not Ice Fish anymore LoneHunter. Sure do miss it and enjoy all the great reports being given by everyone everywhere. I know here in West central Indiana this has been the best season in a while. I just continue setting my group up and getting ready for a lot of fishing starting Spring.

Thank again Folks!
[signature]
sorry about the condition there dave , but i am proud of you for continuing with the fishing experience by educating others . this is a task that has lacked in a few years but is now making a great comback thru the efforts of sportsmen like yourself .

for the longest time i have heard television sportsmen say things like " if i can't fish / hunt , just shoot me and get it over with " . wrong attitude these guys were preaching to our present day sportsmen .

our new message that should be sent out is that the body might not be able , but the mind is willing to teach ! hopefully if we get this message out others will follow in your footsteps . teach true sportsmenship and we will build better communities , better leaders , and better tomorrows for everyone . as more people start viewing sportspeople as being honest , ethical , and full of integrity , groups like peta will no longer pose a threat to us . as people start seeing whole famileys out there fishing , they to will say , that could be us , lets try it .

we teach , we set examples , we make a better world . you have taken up the toarch of knowledge so that others may see the light . we here thank you . keep up the good work , it does not go un-noticed by your friends or your students , they will follow the example you set for generations to come . i am truley proud of your efforts . your pal lonehunter
[signature]
Thanks for the Hearts & Flowers LoneHunter..........Come On Spring!

Had an interesting story about an Ice Fishing trip one of my members took this past weekend at Lake Hubbard in Mich. Here is the [url "http://groups.msn.com/IndianaPanFishing/general.msnw?action=get_message&mview=1&ID_Message=513"]"LINK". [/url]Take a look!

Dave
[signature]
Well I can see that did not work to well.......Lets try it this way:

[font "Arial,Helvetica,Sans Serif"][size 1]From: [url "http://groups.msn.com/IndianaPanFishing/profile?user=Eye%5FHunter"]Eye_Hunter[/url] (Original Message)[/size][/font] [font "Arial,Helvetica,Sans Serif"][size 1]Sent: 2/11/2003 3:28 PM[/size][/font] [font "Arial,Helvetica,Sans Serif"][size 2] Ive never been a huge fan of driving a full size pick up on the ice!!!!!!!!!. Fished saturday morning on Hubbard lake in michigan on 22 inches of ice. Caught 1 keeper eye and missed a few hits. Left the ice about 11am, eat some lunch, took a nap, and went back out about 3:30pm. We fished among a pack and had a few more hits and caught 2 more eyes. Watched some idiot drunk doing circles with his s10, he was doing this right outside the pack, then we heard a crash. He slammed right into another truck almost hitting a guy. About 7 pm we decided to head to the motel and get some rest for the next day of fishing. As we followed the tracks of other trucks back, we got to about 1/2 mile from the launch, when we heard a crash and got launched like a bucking bronco. We were lucky that my cousin was driving about 35 mph or I fear we would have been goners. The back end had broke through, but with our speed, when we bottomed out, we launched forward. The impact had shattered the back window of the truck, vaulted the truck top sideways, and through out my bucket and some gear all over the ice. Also my cousins vexilar was in peices. We had slowly got out of the truck to see what happened, we had slid about 50 feet, so we were picking up gear back to the hole. The ice where we broke through was about 2 inches. All I can say is that we were 2 lucky guys that night. We took 2 2x4's that we had and tried marking the spot, when 2 more trucks were following our tracks, we waved them off with my flashlight and they just buzzed right by without stopping. You should have seen that ice flex as they zoomed bye. We stopped by the bait store to warn them of the area, and they commented that they wondered when that spring would show up. And actually we found out that the trucks that had blasted by us when we were flasing them down was the baitshop guys. Needless to say we didnt go out sunday and came home. We had to take gray tape to keep the rear window together for the ride home. All I can say is, be very carefull when on the ice, we were carefull and still about went in. All I could think of on the way home was, what about my son, have I done enough with him and for him? As I weighed out my life, Ive made a decission to take less risks, and spend more time with my son. I didnt write this to put fear in anyone, just please becarefull, because its not just your life your messing with, others depend on us. Sincerely,
Doug[/size][/font]

OK, that got it..............Dave

[signature]
hey dave can you post that on the ice fishing board ? under davet's fallen thru the ice ?
[signature]