Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scoalfield
Can anyone tell me if the ice is comming off of scoalfield on the south side yet. I called the dwr but you know how that is.
[signature]
Fished it last Saturday(4/8). 19 degrees at 6:00am. The snow hadn't even melted from the banks yet. No open water anywhere. Two and a half feet of soft ice/slush/snow and six inches of hard ice at the bottom.

I don't think it has been warm enough this week to change much. The top 2 1/2 feet might be tricky to walk across by now, but I doubt there will be enough water for bank fishing. Still a little early.

hope this helps
Chester
[signature]
I can not waite to get some shore fishin in nothing beats the Ice off at Scoalfield Here is from last year
[signature]
Looks fun! I caught 8 that size last week and over 30 dinks. Left them all for you to have a go at! I really don't think there is that much water yet. Soon though!

Chester
[signature]
[cool]Another cool thing to note about fishing Scofield this year is that last Spring the DWR planted 80,000 tiger trout in there, so they should be catchable size this year, and they will soon be going to work on those chubs that are starting to show up in there.
[signature]