Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Au Sable Steelhead Report
[Image: Au_Sable_041106.jpg]
This buck was looking for his Easter eggs a day early !

Well , Thursdays evening rains paid off in a big way for me . Untill last night the fish were far and few to be had .
I started the day off after stopping by Bassass's house for some conversation and a hot cup of Maxwell House Coffee , Man that hit the spot !
I then went to the Foote Pond dam , netted a few eyes and redhorse , tossed them back and was about to give up for the afternoon untill my line ended up over a hole just stacked with fish .
Cast after cast you could hear me yelling "fish on "!
You know what happens then, everyone and his brother brought a couple cousins over to croud my space .
Oh well , I had my excitement for the day and had dinner on the stringer . I sat back and talked with a few of the regulars I see each fall and spring while the ya-hoos that crouded me out were untangeling each others line time and time again . Served them right I guess .
Next weekend should prove to do better as this was the first sine of the run going into full swing . You can bet your last doller that i won't have the crowding problem thou , I'll be taking the boat !!!!!
[signature]
nice catch,

Yesterday while cleaning sub access I was able to teach one of the boys of the hood a couple casting tipps. how to thread a worm on a hook, and was lucky enough to show him how to hold a fish to un hook it.

It was his first fish ever. a seven inch blue gill caught off the end of the dock. Not bad for a first catch and might I add the only catch of the day.
[signature]