Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
tubeN2 and others - help please!
Ok, I don't live in Cal. and where I live, only 1 out of a thousand (if that many) know what a Tilapia is unless they buy it at the store. Here's the deal. I know a place where I can catch big Tilapia but don't know how best to do it. I did catch one on a small bait bug and a worm but I think it was by accident more than anything or they are getting ready to spawn and are more active now. It went 17 in. and 4.2#, yum.[shocked] That's a state record in lots of places, isn't it? [Smile] I can track big suspended schools with my fish finder but no takers by drop shotting lures, etc. People out here are so dumb about them they discard them on the bank if they happen to catch one by accident. Found 2 others my last trip that way!!!![unsure] Please don't ask where it is, it's a small warm water spring that can't stand very much fishing presssure. It has nice bass in it too. tubeN2 probably knows where it is, if not, Tube Dude does. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!![Smile] I understand that lots are caught in the Salton Sea????
Leaky
Hey my friend. The Tilapia are abundant in the state but limitied to certain places...............The good ole nightcrawler is the best friend of the the "T lap" as we call them. They are only in certain lakes but they are plentyfull.

Let me know if you are planning on coming our and if you need any further tips on catching them.

I do have some local secrets for So CAl.[cool]
[signature]
[font "Times New Roman"][#ff4040][size 3]Hey Leaky, I know where you are talkin about. You are definitely right about it not needing any more fishing pressure there. I haven't been there for a couple years now, but the last time I was out there I caught quite a few on just plain nightcrawlers. Just tie on a size 6-8 hook and put a couple split shots about 10-12 inches above that. Hope that helps.[/size][/#ff4040][/font]
[signature]
Well another one down the drain. How come?
Leaky