Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Freshwater fishing report
I guess the time has arrived. We went this past sunday, on Easter after the Easter Egg Hunt and caught a good many. The bream fishing is still kind of slow on the river, it looked like the panfish were getting their fill of caterpillars right now, and seems to still be in deep water. We got a few small strikes off of Beetle Spins fished fairly slow, mid-level depth.

The Mudfish are out now, which is a good sign. That means all the preditory fish are starting to move around now. We must have caught 8 or 9 bowfin all together, 4 of which my son and I caught and are posted on the Annual Fishing Contest board for 2006.

The catfish are starting to move around a bit now as well. It was slow a couple of weeks ago, but not this time around. We caught three nice flatheads, the largest of which I didn't catch. I did manage to hook a little 15 pounder, and with the bowfin pictures, is posted on the board. We were using live crappie about 6 to 7 inches long, hand size roughly. A 5/0 kahle Hook on a modified "Bryan Style" carolina rig.
[signature]