Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cougar Ready
[cool][#0000ff]I will be officially launching my new (to me) Outcast Fish Cat Cougar on Friday. I finally got all of the little details of setup and installation worked out to where I think everything will work...as long as the operator does.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Here are a few pictures on "Lawn Lake", taken while assembling and checking everything for fit and operation. Once I get the final adjustments made, and some action pics on the water, I will post more complete pictorials on each of the components. [/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]One of the new innovations I am kinda proud of is the "rotary rod rack", mounted on a single secured bolt through the center, on the back platform plate. It rotates around to facilitate taking a new rod and replacing it with the rod you have just been using. It is out of the way, but can still be reached even without a swivel seat.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I will be mounting an electric motor later but there is plenty of room for the battery remaining on the deck plate.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]The front rod tubes and bait riggers are secured to the aluminum frame with 10-32 bolts and nuts, through 1/2" PVC fittings. Again, I will do a detailed pictorial later if all works as planned.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
TD,

It looks great. Once again, you humble us newbies with your mastery of all things PVC.
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Thanks. Most of the new stuff is still rough, pending trial by water. I believe in "FUNCTION BEFORE FOO-FOO".[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I am actually incorporating several new ideas for tricking out a toon that I have been codgertatin' on but never had the chance to try. Some of them can be adapted to float tubes and/or boats too.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Life, Liberty and the pursuit of PVC.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
"Cartop Rack" ...how do u get that up there? (I don't mean the rack but the tubing...) What's the total weigh of it? I'm guessing you are taking things off before it is load on the truck?
[signature]
You give a whole new meaning to the word PVC. WOW! when we going?
[signature]
I've been anxiously waiting to see your new ride. Looks great. I thought maybe it might get me wanting another toon as mine is fully retired now, pending either replacement of pontoons or total replacement. I've been doing so well in the tube that I haven't been too motivated to solve the toon problem. But I expect the updates on your progress in the future will rekindle my interest. Keep up the good work.

zonker
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]I already have a factory installed cartop rack on my Jimmy. The PVC is merely a wider "lash-on" frame that helps guide the toon onto the other sturdier rack and provides side bars. I will be lashing it all on top with cinch-down straps. [/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I'll post pics of the complete setup later.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Soon, my child. [/#0000ff]
[signature]
can't wait to see the setup on your car
i need some ideas for my

so come on

johan
[signature]
Looks great as usual but has my wife asking two questions. First are you or are you not a under cover PVC salesman? Second was the caracter of Tim Talyor and his need for more power based off your need to cover the world in white PVC?[Tongue] Anyways looks great.
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Not a salesman for PVC. I own stock in the company but they never send me any dividends or stock certificates. Know what I mean? I'm a believer and a user, but I really do not buy that much.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
[Wink]Hey Pat my dividends check came today from the pvc company i have stick in. WOW thanks the company has never done better[Tongue]
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Hopefully you will soon be the beta test case for my new invention...the PVC suppository...3" wide.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
[Wink][font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3]I ripped up my neighbors sprinkler system to get my supply of PVC. Then the sucker wised up and put in galvanized pipe. Some people aren't too friendly. Heck they don't even own a tube. [/size][/green][/font]
[font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3]Nice going Pat. You said that you were going to get a toon and you did. I am still sitting on the fence. Might just have to stop by on my way to Jackson Hole this summer to check you out. lol[/size][/green][/font]
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]You never need an excuse to show up at my place. Always welcome. Even better, let's "hook up" on the river. It's been years since I was last there my own self.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
[center][font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3]Now to which river are you refering?[/size][/green][/font][/center]
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]If memory serves, it is the mighty and lovely Snake River that runs through that area.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
I like your wheel idea...I have an outcast 9ft...tried to mount my wheel on the back end...didn't work well...I like your idea on the front....thanks
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]I took some detailed pictures of the assembly of the wheel. I will post something on the picture board when I get a chance.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Basically, I used schedule 20 1" PVC to fit over the foot rests. It is a perfect fit. After that, you use a reducer to take 1/2" schedule 40 PVC. The trick is securing a piece of that 1/2" stuff onto the axle of the bike wheel, with a coupling, so the PVC shaft from the connector fits in. You glue the two side pieces together, but if you leave about a 1" gap in the whole equation, you can just squeeze the two sides together and they will carry the toon by gravity and friction...without cementing the wheel together.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I will do a post.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
I too love your idea. I unfortunatly can't use it. Square tubing frame, plus I like the front open for landing fish, plus getting in and out of my boat. But I have a long boat.
[signature]