Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rigging up something diffrerent
While fishing at a local lake i was noticeing the baitfish being chased and tried something a little different and decided to pass it a long. I took popper and removed the hooks and added about 2ft of line to it and tied on a curly tail power bait worm jig to it .The first cast was very interesting as i was watching the baitfish being chased i through it in front of them. as soon as i popped it i had a fish on .After a few more fish, i tried a small swim bait tied on the popper and had good results.This went on for awhile tieng on as many different lures and jigs as i could to see how they responed to it.ALSO ,changed the line length to see if i could get a better action and it worked also. one thing i really liked tring was a in line buzzbait and tieing on a med size swim bait behind it about a foot and had my biggest fish caught on it. just wandering if anyone else has been tring a little something different and how were there catches.
[signature]
I like the idea and will give that a try. What fish where hitting this rig?
[signature]
sounds like a rig we use for snapper blues in the long island sound,they are called a snapper popper
[inline SNAPPERPOPPER.jpg]
[signature]
well i caught about 15 bass most around 6 to 8 pounds alot of smaller bass and one 9 pounder, several crappie around a pound and a few shell cracker bream almost a pound .and 4 bowfin,8 gar and 3 channel cats.
[signature]
didn't have one of them to try but it seems close.also tried a floating rapala about 6 inch and a deep diveing rebel tied similar and got great hits.
[signature]
I bet you could rig a couple of suspeding jerk baits together with a steel leader or something. Same concept, just two identical lures. They would have to be identical simply because if they dive, they would have to dive at the same rate or else they would get tangled and, or ,not look natural. You could probably rig up more than two together, and it would look like a small school of fish. Mmmmmm, that's not a bad idea. Rig them with like 7 strand wire, or flourocarbon. Instead of using a treble hook, change the front hook to a single and change the rear treble to a double, like what comes on Yo Zuri Bonitos. They make those doubles in a small enough size for smaller lures. Changing the hooks completely changes the action of the lure.
[signature]
I have been doing something similar for about a year, except I use it for trolling. I tie a small spoon, usually a needle fishn behind a crankbait. About 2 feet back. This has worked on all trout species and walleyes. If I want to adjust the depth, I use differnt crankbaits. A tail Dancer Deep will run about 28 feet. Wally divers or shad raps about 10 to 12. The fish always hit the spoon, but you never know when a monster will grab the crankbait!!
[signature]