Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So what kind of knot is everyones favorite?
[size 1]My favorite knot is one I learned many years ago, and while I know they improved it, I have never seen a reason to. although I have read some things that might make me change to maybe a different knot, the Clinch Knot will always remain my favorite. This simple effective knot is easy to teach to kids, easy to tie even in the dark, and even when hands are cold beyond belief!
[inline "Knot Clinch1.jpg"]
[black]1. Run line through swivel, or hook and twist the line 5 or 6 times, run the tag end of the line back through the space at the bottom of the twists near the swivel or hook.[/black]
[black][inline "Knot Clinch2.jpg"][/black][/size]
[size 1][black]2. Moisten the knot and pull tight by pulling the tag end and the lure at the same time, trim tag end to about 1/4 inch. With practice you can tie the clinch knot off without even having to trim the tag end.[/black]
[inline "Knot Clinch Improved 1.jpg"]
[black]To tie the Improved Clinch Knot, after twisting the line and running the tag end through under the twists, run it back through the line as shown above, moisten and tighten the line as in diagram 2.[/black]
I have never used the Improved Clinch. I have been using the Clinch Knot since I was a kid, and have caught a 38 lb Lake Trout while ice fishing on 10 lb test Trylene tied with my all time favorite, The Clinch Knot! [/size]
[black][size 1]Hello from Wyoming.[/size][/black]
[signature]
I use the improved clinch knot on some parts of my rig up and a polamar on my leader lines, the clinch knot seems to not hold well with light weight lines.
[signature]
Mine is a kind of blood knot , I speed fish on the rivers during the salmon/steelhead runs and this knot is the quickest I can do .
Take and make a 6" loop , feed the center of the loop thru the eye of the hook and then wrap the shank about 4 or 5 times with the loop , draw it tight . now grab the hook with one hand and the two lines with the other and tie a single knot . cut off the extra line or tag end .
works great ! all the pulling is on the shank and not on the eye .
[signature]
Of all the knots I tie (most I have forgotten!), the clinch know occurs without even thinking about it. Blood knots for tappering my lines and what I call "an improved blood knot" for attaching mono to fireline (since it slides through the fireline). The other knot I like for quick rapala attachments- I can't think of the name of.
[signature]
Yea, once you learn a few and what they are designed for they become second nature . Funny how one just becomes your all time favorite . My buddys is the trilene knot , he won't tie any other way .

Welcome to the B.F.T. boards , what waters do you fish ?
[signature]
i use the clinch knot, i never tried the improved one but way change something that very rarely fails?!
[signature]