Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lake Mead 04/23/06
Sunday, 04/23/06- Hit the water early (5:30am), and headed for Las Vegas Wash. It was good to be back on the water again. Our plan was to anchor near thr green bouy at the entrance to the wash and chum till they come! We went though five bags of anchovies and ended up with 28 stripers in the box. Most of the fish were small (about a pound) but they sure are fun to catch with light tackle! We tossed back a lot of really small fish and one large skinny one. The wind picked up about mid-morning keeping it nice and cool, and providing a rough ride back to the marina. Off the water before noon.

There were a lot of anglers out today. At one time I counted 15 boats. Most were soaking cut bait like us. I think its time to get out to the Lake and catch fish!

BaySport
[signature]
nice [Wink]

sm
[signature]
Sounds like you all had a great day on the water! I have not fished Hole 33 with cut bait in a long time. We always seem to end up near the entrance to Las Vegas Wash. Hole 33 had several nice boils around it last fall that were very productive. I'm looking forward to catching fish there in the future. The Tires at the Marina have been one of our favorite places for night fishing.

I did not get a chance to fish last weekend because I was out of town. This weekend we are looking forward to a great day on the water. Our game plan is the same, chum, chum, chum till they come! With a little luck we should be successful. I can't wait!
BaySport
[signature]
I was out there on the 3rd. Guides and several boats at the buoy off the point entrance to Gypsum Wash. I think you were launching about same time as me. White and green Skeeter....Checked out a few coves ( 33 cove) and saw some slurpers. Few slurpers in Vegas Wash first thing in the morning. Thursday had an awsome crankbait bite for largemouth bass - but endured a lot of rough water. The guides had good day on Thursday for stripers they said...
[signature]