Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
There's a new king in town
Look at this beast of a motor! A 300 HP beast. What in gods name would you need that much power for? Are we fishing, or are we racing? LOL

[Image: DF300.jpg]
[signature]
thats crazy,theres guys that would put two on,.then al they need is wings. lol
[signature]
LOL, instead of getting miles a gallon, it probably get gallons a mile.

3 gallons a mile gas mileage would suck.[Tongue]
[signature]
Wow, my little trolling motor outruns most of the fish I am after. I guess they just must need to get to their favorite fishing hole really, really, really fast.

One of those things probably uses more gas in 15 minutes than my motor uses in a whole season and it also probably uses more fuel just warming up at the dock than mine would during a full day of fishing. A real scary thing is, the gas gauge needle for an engine like that could look like the second hand on a clock. Maybe it's made for oil tankers.
[signature]
This here is for them tournament fisherdudes that race a hundred miles up the lake/reservoir/river to get to the spot they wanna fish. Since they only have so much time, they gotta try to get there to hop on the helicopter which then takes them to the private pond where they catch the biggest and heaviest fish for the tourney, then they hop back on the copter and then back into their boats and then race back to the starting line to weight their fish and win the tourney!

or something like that

i personally prefer to just stand on the shore and yell "here fishy fishy fishy! come here fishy fishy fishy! I won't hurt ya!"... then I whisper... "too bad".
[signature]
LMAO, i've been looking for a legit reason for all that power, I think you hit the nail on the head DDR! That's good stuff[cool]
[signature]
Three hundred horsepower motors have been around for awhile. They are quite common on the SKA tournament circut (Southern Kingfish Association). Those Contenders,Donzi's, Yellowfins, Fountains etc. can haul A$$. These boats can cruise at 60mph. When there is big money on the line speed really helps in these tournaments,there is a Hooters sponsored 38 ft Fountain with FOUR 250H.P. outboards on it!! Not for your average weekend warrior, but there is a niche for these big outboards in the market. Do not be surprised to see 400-500 H.P. motors in the future, there was an article in one of my Saltwater fishing magazines recently that spoke about that. They just keep getting bigger and bigger. That Suzuki is a new four stroke they just came out with, the only four stroke 300, all the others are two strokes so far.
[signature]
Arrrrrrrrrr Matey. I also read that very same article I bet, either in Big game fishing Mag, or Saltwater Sportsman. I get both.[cool] That's where I found that add at infact.

However, I really don't see the need for the horsepower, unless the fish aren't inshore yet, and you have to find the warmer water. I know i've fished a many King mack tourneys, and atleast 50% of the time, the winning king is caught inshore, along the mud line or close to the jetties. LOL, when I say close to the getties, I mean it. One year, a winning fish was caught 100 yards out of the mouth of the getties. Go figure. Half the teams probably spent 200 dollars in gas running. These guys snagged the big one a half mile from the hill. [Tongue]

I can see where the power would benefit if you had to actually make a run to get to the fish. Like around here, the gulf stream is nearly 55 miles in the summer. If you are fishing a billfish tourney or something of that nature, you've got one heck of a ride before you can start fishing. You'd need the horsepower to get you there and back.
[signature]