Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pineview 4-26-06
Headed up to Pineview this evening to see if I could get a muskie. Fished it from 5:30pm-8:00pm. No bites today and not even a snag, pretty quite evening at least I didn't loose any lures. Talked to a fisherman as I was taking the boat off the water and he said he caught a 41" muskie and he showed me a 16" brown trout that he caught in pineview. The surface temperature varied from 50 degrees - 55 degrees.
[signature]
[font "Arial Black"][red][size 3] Hi Mike, so how much warmer do you think the water at Pineview should get before the bite is on? I am looking forward to getting up there and my first musky of the year.[/size][/red][/font]
[font "Arial Black"][#ff0000][size 3][/size][/#ff0000][/font]
[font "Arial Black"][#ff0000][size 3]AFDan52[/size][/#ff0000][/font]
[signature]
Muskies Should be starting up pretty soon?
[signature]
[font "Arial Black"][red][size 3] I can't wait [/size][/red][/font]
[signature]
My experience has been when the water reaches the upper 40's to the lower 50's is when they start hitting and we are there. However this is not the best time to get into them its the time of year when they start hitting.
[signature]
Hey Mike if snags is what you are hunting I can help you out with that....like last time! I think that this year is the year. We will have to give it another shot. Jake
[signature]
I was up there a few weeks back and didnt get any bites either. I was thinking of hitting it again in the middle of May. Gotta get a muski
[signature]
I'm with you. I gotta get a muskie. Pineview is definitly high on my list. What is the preferred lure for muskies? Big spinners, spinner baits, dead bait?
[signature]
I believe big lures, rapala's and the like work good for the Muskie's. I was told to use lures which are about 3 inches long.
[signature]
Be sure you read the Fishing Proclamation before using dead bait at Pineview.
[signature]
[reply]
I'm with you. I gotta get a muskie. Pineview is definitly high on my list. What is the preferred lure for muskies? Big spinners, spinner baits, dead bait? [/reply]
Ok, this is not going to let up. I can't get the "in reply to" option to cooperate. Pm me if you want my advice. It is pretty good!
[signature]
[font "Arial Black"][red][size 3] I use lots of lures that are Fire Tiger Color. Usually a Rapala about a J-13 .[/size][/red][/font]
[signature]