Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Berkley Whiplash
[Sad] I've been on the Internet all day searching for berkley whiplash 50lb. the only place I can find it Is in the U.K. and they want two arms & a fin for it. plus shipping! If any one has some info on this let me know
Thanks Stealthy1
[signature]
Welcome Stealthy1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Don't forget to check out some of the other boards, to include your local state board for up to date local fishing info.

To answer your question, I even went as far as to go to the Berkely Website, and they didn't even have that particular line listed as a product. I'm thinking they might have discontinued the production of the line.

Lets wait and see what some of our other angler's inputs are, maybe they have a spot they get it from.[cool]
[signature]
I'm trying to get myself adjusted to this format, I did reply but I believe I did it in a private message! I'll just rereply! I'd like to thank you for using your time to search berkley for this line I'm after, Which I feel is the holy grail of braided lines! I surfcast the lighthouse out at montauk L.I. I've fished every braided line on the market, I was a power pro guy for a while and I lost quite a few large stripers on that line from it rubbing up aginst the rocks & boulders which at the time I felt was a natural accurance. until I ran into another fisherman & mentioned I lost another one to the rocks cutting me off, He asked what type of line I'm using I told him power pro, he said get rid of that crap and get yourself some berkley whiplash, In a year &half I never lost a fish to the rocks again, the only problem I had was losing fish to straighten out hooks, I'm talking 4x-6x perma steel treble hooks,but I learned if I back off on the drag a bit & thumb the spool in a breaking manner, problem solved!! by the way 50lb whiplash is as thick as 6lb mono. that is why this is a must find line!! Well excuse the babbling and thank you again Gotta Go FISH-ON
[signature]